GreaseSpot Cafe

Is the way international all bad?

OldSkool

I wanted to pose the question Is the way international all bad? Obviously, the question opens the door for personal experiences. Personally, my life benefited in many ways over the years. Should I credit these benefits to "the ministry?" I think not. In retrospect, I pushed myself to become a better person, to be a better Christian. As I progressed deeper into the inner circle of top leadership at HQ I slowly began to realize that being a good person or a good Christian were not requisites for the position I held. Rosie wanted blind obedience and in that blind obedience I would fulfill whatever goals they chose me to serve for themselves. Eventually, I came at cross purposes with Rosie. I chose to obey my conscience against the wrong they wanted me to quietly accept. When I stood up against them I was harassed mercilessly by Rosalie through two her lapdogs. It wasn't until I started proceedings via their anti-harassment policy in the staff handbook that they left me alone for the last few weeks I was at HQ.

Since leaving I have been through a roller coaster ride of emotions regarding the way international. Yes, there are areas in my life where I am a better person. I will not attribute this to the way international, they do not deserve the credit. God and his Son Jesus Christ deserve the credit. Anyone who helped me while I was in the ministry deserve my thanks and I did my best to express it to them. But the servant is not above the Master.

The evil Victor Paul Wierwille, Craig Martindale, and Rosalie Rivenbark have committed through this organization is not excused by someone having bettered themselves while involved with their cult, or by good people involved TWI. I have rambled enough for now.

I don't think it is all bad. To me the question is kind of like asking "Were the Pharisees all bad?" Paul grew up a Pharisee. The good parts about his training benefitted him once he was delivered. Jesus didn't teach people to only follow the good in the Pharisees and ignore the bad. He taught them "beware of the leaven of the Pharisees... a little leaven leavens the whole lump".

And yet you have people justifying that kind of logic for why they stay in TWI. It's not all bad, so I'm just holding on to the good parts. NO. Sorry. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. You are leavened. As Jesus taught, it only takes a little bit of that doctrine to corrupt you. And yes, TWI are Pharisees. They place burdens on people they don't carry and wouldn't even lift a finger towards. They will lie to cover their sins and those of higher leaders. Like you described, they will violate even their own policies they set to further their abusive ends.

I remember describing the abuse I experienced from TWI's leadership to another Christian. The first question to me they asked was "Are you still under their authority?" I actually had to think a little bit before answering "no". Both the question and my answer were kind of a wakeup call for me. We were so conditioned to accepting what those losers in leadership told us about ourselves. Part of my deliverance was to see that's what they are - a bunch of losers and Pharisees abusing people. My answer to that question now is "h#11 no, and I NEVER would accept that yoke of bondage on my life again".

Is TWI all bad? No. Are the people all bad? No. So what? Even Satan has admirable qualities.

What is the purpose of TWI? What is its Raison d etre? Reason to be? It is a pretty self-serving organization. It draws people away from Jesus Christ and His church.......It was started by a man who left the church and sought out Word of Faith teachers and the occult to get his ears tickled. He then passed that on to thousands via PFAL and it is such a cloying theology many will never get past it. What redeeming qualities are there to make its existence good at all? Being delivered from one bad thing to another is hardly praise worthy IMO. Going from drug abuse to a Christ denying cult is just trading one evil for another.

The people were not all bad......some were really lovely and still are lovely......made in God's image. Then again, I can say that about most atheists I know. It doesn't negate their goodness, but it isn't due to TWI.

All bad....yeah....it has no purpose but to control people's lives. The people......we all love someone once from TWI. I even married one!!

Just my opinion.

Edited by geisha779