GreaseSpot Cafe

Carrot on a Stick

skyrider

Manipulation 101.....one of the ways twi manipulated us.

Click Here

Carrot on a stick is an idiom that refers to a policy of offering a reward for making progress towards benchmarks or goals but not necessarily ever actually delivering. The original metaphor referred to a boy sitting on a cart being pulled by a donkey. The boy held a long stick to which a carrot had been tied, and he dangled the carrot in front of the donkey but just out of its reach. As the donkey moved forward to get the carrot, it pulled the cart—and the boy—so that the carrot always remained just out of reach as the cart moved forward.

Carrot = 1) Reaching for God's Approval...2) TWI Leadership Approval

Stick = 1) Twi's structure & policies....2) Status & Leadership Positions

Donkey = 1) Pfal Grad, 2)AC Grad, 3)WOW Amb, 4)Staff 5)Corps, 6)Clergy.....the 6 major "donkeys"

Boy... = The Way International

Cart.. = PFAL Class

The pfal class is the first carrot twi dangles in front of the new person who attends fellowship.

As a pfal grad, twi dangles the intermediate class.....with steps towards the advanced class series.

After int. class, twi dangles the adv class or go WOW......but you GOTTA KEEP MOVING.

After adv. class, twi dangles the corps program....."you want to grow spiritually mature, dont you?"

After corps, twi dangles ACTIVE CORPS PARTICIPATION to slave away......or else, you aren't spiritual. What?

If you reach the clergy carrot, twi dangles ACTIVE CLERGY PARTICIPATION to serve twi a lifetime....or you aren't clergy!!

Yeah.....I wanted God's love and approval in my life so I started moving and reaching. On the field, helping others and serving the Lord was a fulfilling joy....so I kept moving. Yep, step by step by step....I soon went WOW and Corps. Little did I realize that the boy (twi) had positioned the carrot BEYOND my reach....it didn't matter how many steps I took, I could NOT reach it. The manipulation worked!!

The dirty little secret is that twi wants you to pull their cart A LIFETIME. It doesn't matter which "donkey" you are.....they've got a carrot for you. There it dangles.....right before your eyes. You will NEVER reach their approval.

Twi had to dangle the ACTIVE CLERGY STATUS "carrot" in front of me.....because I was clergy.

When I stopped reaching for the carrot.....the active clergy status was removed.

To them, I am now DFAC..."Dropped from active corps" and thus, clergy.

Choose your "carrots" wisely.......lots of people dangle them.

Choose your "carrots" wisely.......lots of people dangle them.

I really began to understand this a couple years before I left. I needed healing for my child and all Rosie ever said to me was just keep serving. I put my entire self into their teachings and counsel to find that I needed to try just a little harder. They always seemed to blame me and the Mrs. when their methods failed. It was a truly heartbreaking time.

But hey, it's what it took for me to rid my family of this false ministry so in retrospect I am happy to be free of them.

I really began to understand this a couple years before I left. I needed healing for my child and all Rosie ever said to me was just keep serving. I put my entire self into their teachings and counsel to find that I needed to try just a little harder. They always seemed to blame me and the Mrs. when their methods failed. It was a truly heartbreaking time.

But hey, it's what it took for me to rid my family of this false ministry so in retrospect I am happy to be free of them.

Yeah......just keep pulling the cart!

Reaching for God = Take pfal class

Approval from God = Run pfal class

And, the wheels on the cart go 'round and 'round...

I hope your child is better now.

The dirty little secret is that twi wants you to pull their cart A LIFETIME. It doesn't matter which "donkey" you are.....they've got a carrot for you.

There it dangles.....right before your eyes. You will NEVER reach their approval.

I would venture to say that very few start out seeking trustee/director approval......maybe family or close friends, etc. But twi has intertwined the message of "The Word is the ministry and the ministry is the Word" that the individual cannot differentiate the two. Thus, to gain approval from the trustees WAS "approval from God." I know, I know.....how can that be?

It happens. Not only in twi, but religions and cults everwhere.

And, even when some recognize the ploy and jump ship.......they jump into ANOTHER APPROVAL SHIP and the process starts anew. How many went to JAL's splinter or Geer's splinter?.....only to find the same pyramid?

Sometimes, I'm very thankful for my twi experience......I now have great awareness in spotting A COUNTERFEIT. :evildenk:

Edited by skyrider