GreaseSpot Cafe

Stringing Chairs in the BRC

skyrider

quote: Disagreement is not moral superiority, it's simply disagreement.

quote: I believe that those who continue to embrace the "programming of twi"......the day will come, when the Lord will say "Depart from me. I never knew you."

The reason he believes that is because he thinks he's morally superior. How do you know that the offshoots aren't healing the sick, mending the brokenhearted, and relieving heavy burdens? You don't! You just assume they aren't because your moral superiority makes it so.

Jesus said "depart from me, I never knew you" before the day of Pentecost. He wasn't speaking to the church. See what happens when you depart from God's grace? You become debtor to do the whole law. The law of sin and death (Romans 8). Thanks, but I'll stick with the law of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus (same chapter).

Whoa, whoa, whoa......there John.

You are jumping to this straw man argument of moral superior.

And now, you start adding "offshoots" to the mix.

I simply believe that when Jesus spoke, those words and sermons have depth of meaning for Christians. In its context, Matthew 7 illustrates false prophets, good trees, good fruit, evil trees, evil fruit, house built on a rock, house built on sand, etc. And, having experienced 24 years of twi hypocrisy and deceptive doctrine......I believe that twi's directors are working iniquity AGAINST THE LORD.

Yes, John....I know that this is not the doctrinal forum, but if you have more interest in Matthew 7:24....then you might want to do a word study on 1)depart and 2)work iniquity. It is interesting how "practicing hypocrisy" and "to utter error against the Lord" and "to make empty the soul of the hungry" are associated with THOSE WHO WORK INIQUITY.