GreaseSpot Cafe

Arrivederci Pope

Twinky

good god i'm sorry i only skimmed through the last few posts of my faves

if anyone here (besides my whole family -- oops, they're not "here" -- believes in any of this crapola about god being with this pope and his poppies, just please feel free to tell me why

ps. my family "is good people" just i don't know hoodwinked like the rest of the world? but here you have me -- ex wayfer

not wanting to argue -- i just know about my little brothers and when one of them came back years later the priest who ran the place would now show. he became a monsignor and father butler was already in his 80's

too tired to bother

have no idea what will come up (anymore) ifyou google woodbridge nj or old bridge nj or brooklyn whatev

you know, they kept changing these molesters' locations. i really am sorry about that since butler showed up where we lived, and my kid brothers were truly messed up because our father was such a f-ck only to be out-f-cked by father butler

Exactly why I have no sympathy for this Pope. Or his predecessors.

The Pope acts like he's completely disconnected from reality, way high up in the clouds somewhere and wouldn't know a molester from a can o' paint. It's somebody else's problem, those Americans, those other guys over there.

Here he's the Head guy of the organization for which the accused work for (and the RC's seem to like to settle out of court) and ...

You'd think he'd be F'ING ....ED OFF AND READY TO KICK SOME foot at the horrid irresponsibility of the priest hood, that he'd be able to see how much it's killing people, inside and out.

Instead he walks around with his fricking hand up in that ridiculous blessing gesture, barely able to walk and acts like his mere presence is enough, just that he shows up is reward enough for those who rush to kiss his ring.

Well, the "investigation" is some kind of a move in the right direction. And may be this pope's retiring reflects some level of realization of what a complete dik brain he is.

Pope needs to go. Others to follow, soon. Dump the ballast and clean house. Catholics can then Hail Mary!

good god i'm sorry i only skimmed through the last few posts of my faves

if anyone here (besides my whole family -- oops, they're not "here" -- believes in any of this crapola about god being with this pope and his poppies, just please feel free to tell me why

Well, the only thing I have to say about that Excie, is that for the most part whenever I have spent time with people who are catholics, I have gathered that deep down, most catholics have a desire to do good and most are really good people. Are they lost people? No doubt. Do they deserve to be cast into the lake of fire? I don't think so. The devil for sure.

Now as far as having a grasp of the knowledge of truth goes, every catholic on earth needs to denounce that religion and run as fast as they can to anyplace else and find answers.

I was ex cath too. I didn't want to post in this thread with the intent to bash the RCC. (I will make fun of them) I have family that are Catholics too. (OHHH! Almost sounds like they have a disease). dry.gif

Wasn't my intent to set up a RC bashing thread, though there is much to bash. This is not a RC survivors' forum, it's a TWI survivors' hangout. Immaterial to me, I don't have a dog in this fight. Brought up C of E. Not so many RCs in the UK.

I just wondered how people felt about the Pope's resignation. And now, his departure. To a fantastic castle. Prior to moving to a small mansion.

Luke 18 comes to mind:

18 And a certain ruler asked him, saying , Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? 19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God. 20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery , Do not kill , Do not steal , Do not bear false witness , Honour thy father and thy mother. 21 And he said , All these have I kept from my youth up.

22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast , and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come , follow me.

23 And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich.

24 And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said , How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God! 25 For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. 26 And they that heard it said , Who then can be saved ? 27 And he said , The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.

Nor I.

Bye to this one. Stay warm.

The Pope is as close to a worthless use of human kind that we can get, IMO. It doesn't get said enough, probably because it can't be said too much. I'm sure at some point every Pope was just like all of us at one time - young and full of hope. People make their choices.

Apparently there's not enough good Catholics doing good to counteract the organizational ability of the Church to do bad. Thus - the ongoing treachery of the Church as delivered by it's leadership. I see this as normal (in fact but IMO only), I would assign the outcomes of humanity in general to things like inertia and the First Law of Motion, basic stuff and that those things factor into how God works and accomplishes. It's His Choice though - that He leaves some of the choices in our domain and up to us.

While human intellect and "will" provides dynamic and seemingly unpredictable elements to the mix of mans' march forward, things do seem to work in cycles, back and forth, up and down, over the long curve of time. IMO this is as it should be and as it will be until something - let's say "God" - changes the rules of the field.

Doesn't mean we'll get used to it or like it or even fully understand it. My way of expressing that state is "Life is cool. When it doesn't suck". And - Life sucks - when it isn't cool.

Life is difficult at best for many and is in serious "suck" mode for many of us, much of the time. Others and times and other people, not so much that way and it could be versed as "good" and nice. But IMO it won't be grandly swell and wonderful for everyone or even most, all the time.

But the Pope? The Pope is really an office that's filled every few years by a different guy. Different guy, same path that got him there. It will take monumental change to get a different office and a different kind of guy. As a non RC I don't care. As a member of Club Earth, I do but I'm hoping they don't keep adding to the pot of problems. It's getting thick as it is.

Lovely clown suits, Excie. There's a man inside the room that has another interesting trouser suit.

As for the cardinals, looks like they couldn't decide quite what to dress in so a couple of them grabbed the net curtains on the way in.