GreaseSpot Cafe

Duck Dynasty vs The Way International

Kit Sober

Duck Dynasty seems so clean and truly funny. I only recently watched "I'm dreaming of a redneck Christmas" because it was at Redbox. Laughed so hard. I just found that I could watch them on the AE website. It was just so nice to watch. Laughed, too. And it was funny not making fun of anyone. Just funny. (like, "Have you caught anything?" Not an iota of mean.)

Was so different from the pervasive mean ness of twi's constant insulting others, demeaning others, etc. etc. I could enjoy Duck Dynasty like I couldn't enjoy twi meetings.

No matter how much that you tried to please the upper eshlelion,(sp.) respect, and revere them (gag Me ), they still made you feel like you were a low level scum bag who's only duty it was was to heed to their every beckoned call. A good thing I wasn't listening.

I really didn't know anything about the filth at the top when I was in there. I thought it was a ministry from the Lord and I was doing my best to live up to the Word's direction in the context of that bunch. But the delightfulness of enjoying living, living without fear, was not there. I felt that freedom from fear and freedom from recrimination by watching Duck Dynasty and was able to freely laugh. It was just so delightful.

• 2 months later...

How precious is that. Reminds me of Proverbs 27:2, "Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips."

I continue to get a few good laughs from Duck Dynasty. twi is still no laughing matter judging from the posts here. A nice bowl of ice cream isn't even funny to their management. :)