GreaseSpot Cafe

your conversations with vpw

excathedra

I spoke with Don at the Rock one year, but never met the old guy.

I DID get a response from him, though, to a letter I wrote. Having been brought up Roman Catholic, I pointed out that "Uncle Harry Day" smacked of a saint's feast day. He sent a pleasant, if unconvincing, response that it was OK to celebrate "Uncle Harry Day." Shortly thereafter, though, the name was changed to "Burn the Chaff Day." Coincidence? Perhaps...

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

I remember getting yelled at by wierwille a time or two, but don't recall ever having a pleasant conversation with him. Loy, OTOH, I talked with a few times but nothing memorable.

I remember getting yelled at by wierwille a time or two, but don't recall ever having a pleasant conversation with him. Loy, OTOH, I talked with a few times but nothing memorable.

btw, I am male. :)

Interesting topic.......I am not corps, but at the time I lived w/corps. And VP and JT came for dinner one time. Though I didn't have a personal conversation with him, he talked about The word during dinner. I was the "go For" person who served them since I was the only one not corps. After I filled his cup one time, he gave me a pat on the but and said good girl....I didn't show my response, but was quite appalled by it!! After Dinner we were invited on the coach to watch a movie and I just remember thinking, how long will this movie be. I felt "Captive" cause the dog on the bus acted like it was going to attack me and scared the heck out of me.......before the movie was over he went into his bathroom....and when he came out he was in his PJ's.....My eyes had to be opened wide. Really? PJ's?? In front of us?? I was shocked. Then I was dismissed, but the corps stayed on the bus.

Now some said, you should be honored that you had this personal contact with Him....Dinner and then on His bus, not everyone could say they had the MOG at their house for dinner and then be invited on the bus to watch a movie......somehow, I wasn't impressed, or blessed though I didn't say a word.

lol newlife how i can relate

my first meeting but not conversation.... i was about to graduate from pfal when i was in college.... the greatest privilege you can EVER imagine is that the MOG DOG was going to be in attendance. kind of like having the pope coming to your confirmation or something

i went over the college wow girls way home before the last session. i think they always wanted you near in case you might slip or cop out at the last second

anyway, he was THERE (maybe that's why they told me to come over)

i walked through the kitchen and in order to get to living room you had to pass bathroom on the left. the door was open. he was in there blow drying his hair. i glanced in and he turned toward me with a big smile and his robe wide open. i almost dropped dead. my college wow leader took me aside and told me how when someone is that spiritual the flesh doesn't mean a thing. he is so beyond that

WTF?

was i insane? obviously

later on after the class graduation we were invited to go visit him and howard on the big bus under the stars some wherever they pheasant hunt -- i passed, but gals from college way home who undershepherded me went

Well, Ex....you definitely relate to me and I to you. Can't believe, even though I was appalled with it all, that I never said anything, I didn't think, "Oh you should get out of this group. No...Nothing.....just tucked it away and kept moving on with life. Crazy thinking huh?? LOL