GreaseSpot Cafe

Does It Matter What We Believe About God For His Healing?

I don’t know how many different religions use the bible as their base of belief...thousands probably. And they all have arrived at different beliefs from the same bible. Which one actually has the truth or does it matter for healing? 
I grew up with anxiety, depression, and ocd issues and sat across from a psychologist for about two years, and psychiatrist for four years, in addition to multiple drugs, all to no avail. I reached a point of despair and decided to actually believe God would heal me. Fully convinced God would heal me by thinking and reading healing thoughts, within weeks all the problems were lifted from me. I sat on my couch one day and all of sudden realized I was free of the constant  Obsessive thoughts with me, and  I was happy for the first time in decades.

But there are others who have been healed who do not believe the way I do. Take for example AA.  One of the requirements is to believe in a high source outside of themselves. Step 5, step 6, and step 7 all require a belief in God to bring about their healing. No particular God, just a higher power. Many people say they are indebted to AA for healing them. A car in my town has a personalized license that reads “IOU AA.”  I have a friend who is an alcoholic and clean for over ten years because of AA. 

My point is, all have been healed by God, but believe God in different ways. 

• 5 months later...