GreaseSpot Cafe

Depression

Seth

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on the road, homeless, but I'm living house to house. Hopefully I'll have a room in a halfway house soon.

The prozac is working great, I'm hopefull and happy even though I have no money a duffle bag a backpack and an over-night bag with a weeks worth of clothes and my recovery literature.

Living in prayer, meditation and action.

The God of my understanding has me, I am safe.

BTW, almost all of my TWI literature is now at the dump, got tired of waiting for someone to ask me for it, so it's gone, tapes, books, magazines.

Seth

"Why you be here four hour? You go NOW!"

Seth...

Depression DOES end!!!! That's the good news. Bad news is, while you are in it....it seems a neverendinghorriblecycle. But it DOES end.

I was diagnosed with depression five or six years ago...got on meds, did therapy....and with a lot of work and changing a lot of thinking patterns, it's over.

I've been off of medication for over a year...and have been out of therapy for five months. There IS hope.

But I remember how it was...the desperation, I wasn't sure who I was or who I wanted to be, I was always at fault in my own mind, everyone else "had it together"....I was the 'horrible one'...I questioned myself in EVERYTHING...also questioned God for a while.

My now exhusband exacerbated the situation by his cruelty and violence, the person I was with after leaving my husband was immature and seemed to feed off my problems. It wasn't until I met a friend who listened, responded honestly, and showed me the love of God by his very life...that I realized I was worth WAYYYYYYYY more than I had been led to believe.

Truth is...NOBODY "has it together" . On one hand that's scary....on the other hand...it's comforting...we are all in the same boat!!!!

Biggest thing I've learned??? RELAX...BE PATIENT....IT'S NOT ALL UP TO ME!!!!!

Knowing this has made me a better person:a better mother, a better teacher, and...I'm engaged, so I'm hoping it will make me a better wife, too. (the three things I'm passionate about, don'tchaknow!)

Seth...don't give up...no matter WHAT it looks like or what you feel like. When it's over, when you've beaten it and come out on the other side....it is SOOOOOOOOOO much better and SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO worth it!!!

Keep goin, Seth...we're prayin for ya and pullin for ya!!!

If you need a roof over your head, I have one to offer

If you need both a roof and food to sustain you, I have that too. I don't want to see you homeless or hungry.

I love you, though we've never met, and I offer cause I want to...........if our lives were reversed I know you would do the same.

In heart, prayer, blood sweat and tears, I'm there for you if you need

from the poster formerly known as 'firebarrier'