GreaseSpot Cafe

Movie Sequels

Raf

Nope. No Jim Carrey. Sorry.

I saw a teaser trailer for Mask 2 right before Return of the King. It showed a baby doing the boogie woogie. Had a surreal Ally McBeal feel to it. I have no idea if it will be fun or not.

Aliens is Alien 2. Definitely one of the best sequels ever.

A lot of people I know tend to think negatively about (re)making movies based on TV series of the past. ie. Beverly Hillbillies, Leave it to Beaver, Dennis the Menace, just to name a few. They feel, and I might agree somewhat to nix the idea as you can't improve on a classic. What's your take on it?

Chuck

That got me thinking...

Apart from LOTR: Return of the King, what was the best "3" movie? My choice would have to be Goldfinger, with honorable mention to

Star Trek III and Return of the Jedi. Have any other second-sequels been worth watching?

Secret Signature of the Day==v

"You think you hate it now, but wait till you drive it..."

quote:
Originally posted by Pirate1974:

One of the worst second sequels ever has to be "Home Alone 3." What a waste of film.

Home Alone 4

"Oh no, I'm 34 years old and my mom left me home with no beer and I'm too lazy to drive to the store because girls will laugh at me for driving an 83 Buick! *smacks cheeks* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Technically, "Clear and Present Danger" was the third movie featuring CIA Agent Jack Ryan, so that would make it a part three that was awesome. In my opinion, it's the most intelligent third part of a film series I've ever seen (the first two being The Hunt for Red October and Patriot Games).