GreaseSpot Cafe

Breaking the Spell of pfal

Vertical Limit

Oakspear said;

"Wierwille does a good job in spots, especially early in the class, of letting the bible speak for itself. He points out differences between the clear reading of the bible and what tradition teaches. He starts off by documenting biblically most of what he says.

Little by little he starts moving away from that. While reading the King James, he continually tells us what the words really mean, and throws out definitions that occur nowhere else. Because he started out plainly reading what was written and taught us some pretty straightforward "keys", we swallowed what he taught without question."

Excellent observation Oakspear. I agree!

All you folks wanting PFAL books and VPW materials, have you read through threads like this? Have you even considered that Wierwille could be wrong on some of what he taught?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in twi for 13 years...been out for 17 years.

pfal was nothing more than an indoctrinational tool that facilitated recruitment into a cult.

The first thing that tipped me off about the class being wrong was the "first assignment" of the class...read the little red book "Christians should be proposterous". It seemed strange to me at the time that wierwille (while teaching about the 7 different administrations) was encouraging his followers to adhere to Jewish law from the old testament..."tithing"...first clue...follow the money.

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

I'm embarrassed to say that until very recently I thought pfal was probably the best self-help class available.

It took getting to know a certain pfal pusher around here for me to finally understand that pfal as presented was a mind f*****.

I qualify that because much of what was in pfal was old news when vpw got ahold of the materials he used to come up with his program.

If I had been more widely read, more educated in world religions and scams, I would have recognized the "battle is in the mind" stuff as old history.

The f***** came in when vpw presented it as a form of christianity.

cwgreengold.jpg