GreaseSpot Cafe

What on TV is loving and has some truths in them that you watch

year2027

Ahh Little Hawk, you seem to be a man after me own heart! My kids like I Love Lucy too as a matter of fact. Yup, I like those old shows. I don't get the chance to see the Honey Mooners very often though, but when I do catch it, it certainly does bring back fond memories of watchin' it with my Mom and dear departed Pappy though. My Dad always liked that show alot...

To da moon Alice!!

I'm a HUGE I Love Lucy fan!!!!

It is the best sitcom ever! Lucille Ball was a comedic genius, I just hope I get to see her someday!

My favorite show today (and I don't watch a lot of TV) is ER...but even that show isn't as good as it used to be.

Love y'all,

-Colleen

GO VOLS!!

''...show a little faith, there's magic in the night, you ain't a beauty, but hey, you're alright, oh, and that's alright with me...''

-Bruce Springsteen

Oh yeah, Red Skelton! Remember when he used to do his Crazy Joe Guggenhiem thing? And I think that my favorite thing of all was "The Silent Spot" the only kind of "mime" I ever liked. Maybe it was called "pantomime", but I am not sure of the difference. I never could stand those white faced "mime" guys. In fact, my 16 year old son and I have a standing joke about hating mimes..

Anyway, on The Silent Spot, I remember how he would pretend to be bitten by a snake, and then pretend to pour some whiskey on the bite, then take a "little nip" (strictly for medicinal purposes ya know), and then after a while, he looks around, and then coaxes the imaginary snake to bite him again so he can drink some more of that imaginary whiskey, and he gets drunker and drunker as he keeps begging that snake to bite him again and again. Too damned funny.

I remember him saying once in an interview that he always enjoyed being able to make people laugh without having to tell dirty jokes and such. I also remember that they gave him an honorary Oscar one time shortly before he died. And when he got up there, he kept messing with the statue while he talked, and the head came off! And he looks down at it, then at the crowd and said; "Would you look at that! I broke the damned thing already"! And the crowd just roared! And that was the last time I heard him say that simple "God bless". Yeah, when Red Skelton died, I cried. He was kind of a part of my childhood I guess....

Thanks for bringing it up Little Hawk.

OH jonny, what beautiful memories you bring back.....I LOVE RED SKELTON......Remember Clem Kadditlehopper?

Did you know that you can buy the best of Red Skelton thru an add on the TV? I'm gonna get them next time I see them I will get the phone # and address and send for them.

Dovey....proud owner of two low riders...Dovey's Doxies...... too dumb to post pics http://gscafe.com/groupee/forums?s=9716057...a&ul=4846073735

One show my dad never missed was Bonanza. I also use to watch American Bandstand and the Mickey Mouse Club. And Rt. 66,and 77 Sunset strip (had a crush on kookie) and the fugitive. I could go on and on, but hubby wants to use the PC.

Dovey....proud owner of two low riders...Dovey's Doxies...... too dumb to post pics http://gscafe.com/groupee/forums?s=9716057...a&ul=4846073735

God

Hi Mj412

Yes you are right I remeber that too

I like that he did not need sleep or a few other things

I think of how he try to understand natural things like natural love and it makes me think how we try to understand spiritual things

Thanks for bringing that up

with love Roy

I love the Simpsons (although Ive seen em all and theyve grown a little stale after umpteen years), I like it if I catch American Chopper, another dysfunctional family that ultimately really loves each other (there's a lesson in there somewhere). For news, like Rocky, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, who can make the mosty austere of situations seem humorous.

But the thing that perfectly reflects the highs and lows of day to day life and a sense of spirit is Red Sox baseball. I miss it terribly during the winter months, but each spring it brings new hopes, and each season forges new lessons. I guess you have to be here to get it, it brings everybody of every stripe together. Its a regional thing but a near religion in New England, although there are converts throughout Red Sox Nation

I love Everwood on the WB on Monday nights at 9 pm. Good family show that will instill discussion. I think the writing is fantastic! Also, kudos to Joan of Arcadia....love it! I usually tape them so my husband and I can watch them together if we are busy that night. (got to admit ...love American Chopper!)

2Beenthere2