GreaseSpot Cafe

Rather See last poster

My3Cents

Paw,

This place seems much faster than ezboard and other than one thing looks the same to me.

I miss seeing the last person to post to a thread. That's often how I decided

wheather to read it or not - that and who started it.

I'd rather see the last poster instead of those stars.

just my 2 cents.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

-JOHN

3Cents,

I'm with you and Ex but we have to realize that these boards work differently from Ezboards and some things just aren't as easy to do. I know Paw's tried to do just that but it fouled up some other things.

Personally, I'd like to see the bugs worked out of what's considered a popular thread. The 'Nostalgia' thread under the GS Reading Room is now on it's 3rd page but not ever listed. Paw's probably scratching his head over a lot of things right now. Let's give him some time.

sudo

On the first page of the new GS - there's a gray line with your login name on the left, and "Da Chat Room" >>> GS Cafe.com on the right.

Right above that line is some tiny print that says >>New Since Your Last Visit / Today's Active Topics

If you click on the "new since your last visit" it shows the last few posts on the topic along with the person who posted them and the time they were posted. That's the only way I think we can see who posted last. It works - just gotta get used to it.

Paw - just a suggestion - maybe you can make that line bolder or bigger.

Hope R. color>size>face>

Guest Admin

Changing the text of that one section would mean that other sections would enlarge and the place would just look a mess. So for now the fonts will stay the same.

Sudo,

I started a new thread called Nostalgia II and moved all the posts from the original one over. Then, of course, the rebel forces of nostalgia came in and declared my thread null and void and started their own thread. SO the purpose was to see if maybe the reason that it wasn't showing up was that it was started during all the experimentation time a few weeks ago. It is worth a try.

The stars are gone. Last poster is showing up on the main page but not within the forums pages. Still working on that. I am subscribed to a few forums that give tips on the UBBx forums so I may have a work around in the near future.

Paw,

Re:"Then, of course, the rebel forces of nostalgia came in and declared my thread null and void and started their own thread."

What can I say? I'm innocent, I tell you! I was going to try it your way but.. it's that dang rebel group! So.. kindly delete the old Nostalgia threads, if you would. That clears up some storage space as well.

sudo

quote:
Originally posted by Hope R.:.

Right above that line is some tiny print that says >>New Since Your Last Visit / Today's Active Topics

If you click on the "new since your last visit" it shows the last few posts on the topic along with the person who posted them and the time they were posted.

Thanks Hope. I like that even better.

And Paw - you're doing a great job. I know how crazy setting up a new site can be and one as big as this - SHEESH!

And THANKS