GreaseSpot Cafe

Happy B-Day George St.George

dmiller

Thanks, David.

Since almost nobody here actually knows me personally, I took the liberty of sneaking my birthday into the "Birthday number" thread, to see if anyone would notice. I'm glad you did.

I'll be teaching at fellowship tomorrow morning, then, after lunch, I'll be listening to K.C. Pillai's Orientalisms tapes. For dinner, I'll be with all the stepkids AND MY GRANDSON! So, yes, it should be a great day (especially since the Illini won again).

George

P.S. I buy my own comics. It's hard for the others in the family to find the pre-1960 stuff I still need.

George -- What Pillai Orientalism tapes?!?!?!?. icon_eek.gif

There is only one set I am aware of (it was a set of 4 reel-to-reel tapes) that our branch had back in 1974, and were the basis for the *blue book* transcriptions that Bo did, and that (from what I hear) only about 100 copies were published.

I tried to track down the tape library (thinking it may still be in Indiana) when I was there last, but it disappeared. Got hold of Bo, but he has no clue as to where the tapes are, nor does he have a copy of all the transcripts he wrote. icon_frown.gif:(-->

Have you got a different set, or the same ones??

(inquiring minds want to know!!) icon_smile.gif:)-->

David