GreaseSpot Cafe

NEW DATE RAPE DRUG--EVEN MORE DANGEROUS

DaddyHoundog

here is a new drug that has been out for less than a year, Progesterex, that is a essentially a small sterilization pill. The drug is now being used by rapists at parties to rape AND sterilize their victims. My best friend's mom works at a pharmacy and she said the drug is available exclusively to veterinarians to sterilize large animals. But I have heard from several of my friends that are still in grad school up north that at frat parties at their schools (Columbia and Penn State) the drug is being used with Rohypnol (roofies), the date rape drug. With Rohypnol, all they have to do is drop it into their drink. The girl can't remember a thing the next morning of what happened the night before. Well now Rohypnol is not being used alone. Progesterex, which dissolves in drinks (alcohol or soda) just as easily, is being used with it so that the woman doesn't conceive from the rape and the rapist doesn't have to worry about having a paternity test identifying him months later. But the drug's affects AREN'T TEMPORARY. Progesterex was designed to sterilizes horses. Any woman that takes it WILL NOT HAVE CHILDREN EVER IN HER LIFE. All guys have to do to get this drug is just know someone, like a friend, who is in the Vet school of any university. It's that easy, and Progesterex is about to break out big on campuses everywhere. Believe it or not, there is even a site on the Internet for the drug telling people how to use it.

For more information about "Roofies" go to

http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/0884.html

Please! Forward this to everyone you know, especially girls who might be headed to college or live in college towns.

Edited by DaddyHoundog

umm, according to:

http://www.snopes.com/toxins/progest.htm

there is no such drug named progesterex, but the story has been around since 1999.

This is not to say folks who gather socially should not be careful, there are a bunch of evil folks out there, but this one is a hoax apparently.

three other hoax sites I check also label this as false.

~HAP

Satori,

Shame on you! (lol)

Yes, maybe it's my cynical nature, but by just reading the first few lines of this supposed new, evil, drug, my B.S. meter started to register.

There's a basic form to most of these urban legends. A real hand-wringing, leg-wetting story, where our normal defenses are useless. We're helpless prey for conscienceless villains! Beware! And, or course, "I know somebody who knows the girl it happened to!"

Thanks for the laugh Satori!

Rape is serious and happens too often. I will definitely be having a conversation with my daughter about watching her alcoholic intake around parties,etc. I always reccomend keeping dates public if you don't want to leave the impression that your interested in more than talking.

Okay the skinny I found--

(sorry for posting without checking)

HOWEVER----IF YOU HAVE A LITTLE OR BIG GIRL I dont have to tell you the mother lion protection instincts that are the umbrella to all aspects of that little girls life. 

Dear Readers,

Your letters are just a sample of the many "Progesterex" postings this week on the Net. Not included are other notes, referencing information passed on by the "hair stylist of a friend's sister-in-law," claiming they heard examples of where the "drug droppings" had occurred.

Much research was done on the matter; no evidence of the existence of such a drug was substantiated by veterinarians, pharmacists, and researchers at the following agencies and institutions:

U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Center for Veterinary Medicine

American Veterinary Medical Association

Cornell University, Equine and Farm Animal Hospital

University of Saskatchewan, Western College of Veterinary Medicine

University of Pennsylvania Veterinary School, New Bolton Center

Further, these experts state that the one equine medication taken orally that tangentially relates to the stated purpose of "Progesterex" is used to temporarily prevent mares from coming into heat (estrus).

No such incidents on Columbia's campus have been reported. Alice also checked with other universities and drug education organizations and found that none of them were familiar with the supposed drug and its alleged use.

As some of you pointed out in your questions, there are drugs, including Rohypnol and GHB, which have been used to sexually assault and/or burglarize victims. Information about these drugs, along with how to prevent such crimes, is available in the following Q&As:

Rohypnol "Roofie" and Rape

GHB/"Liquid Ecstasy"

GHB/"Liquid Ecstasy" -- Date Rape Drug of Choice? [Reader's Response]

Go Ask Alice! and Columbia were not the only places on the "Progesterex" case this week. Many other educators and health care providers around the country received similar messages, were concerned about what they read, and took action to find out whether or not what they were reading and hearing was legitimate. This isn't the first time that seemingly-implausible situations have popped onto the scene, and it no doubt won't be the last; who's rectum will a gerbil find its way into tomorrow? Whose image, sense of security, and peace of mind will be sacrificed next year just for laughs? Yes, the volume of information and the speed at which it can travel 'round the world sometimes makes it more difficult to separate the truth from the crap. Some sound research from reputable resources is a good tool to have along to reach reality.

This current situation certainly seems like a hoax; its creator(s) might be reading this, laughing, and basking in his/her/their fifteen minutes of Internet fame. If so, there are some other things you might try when you next find yourself with some time on your hands: teach disadvantaged kids to read; volunteer at a soup kitchen; raise money for earthquake victims; or, just take a nap.

Alice

Steps you can take to decrease the risk that you will become a date rape drug victim.

The introduction of date rape drugs into mainstream culture has put a very powerful weapon in the hands of sexual predators. Rapes can be easily committed behind a foggy haze of intoxication often leaving the victim oblivious to the fact they have been assaulted. It is a frightening thought that begs the question: "What, if anything, can be done to stop a person from falling victim to a rape using a date rape drug?"

There are some simple behavior modifications you can make to ensure that you do not fall prey to a rapist armed with a date rape drug. To protect yourself always follow these simple rules:

If these behavior modifications don't feel like enough protection, or if you don't think you can follow these rules on a given night, you do have another option.

There is a brand new defense against date rape drugs that has recently been approved for use in North America; it is a simple and inexpensive test kit that can be used to detect the presence of date rape drugs in drinks. The so called "Drink Safe Technology" is actually a package of drink testing strips or coasters that work like those litmus paper strips you use in Chemistry class. The strips and coasters change color when they come in contact with a date rape drug. The strips fit in your purse or pocket and can be used quickly and discretely. To find out more about "Drink Safe" visit the website at http://www.drinksafetech.com.

Learn more about the three most common date rape drugs including how they effect you and what they look like.

Rohypnol

GHB

KetamineDon't accept open drinks (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) from others who you do not know or do not trust; this includes drinks that come in a glass.

Drink Safe TechnologyDrink Safe Technology

Don't accept open drinks (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) from others who you do not know or do not trust; this includes drinks that come in a glass.

When in bars or clubs always get your drink directly from the bartender and do not take your eyes off the bartender or your order; don't use the waitress or let somebody go to the bar for you.

At parties, only accept drinks in close containers: bottles, cans or tetra packs.

Never leave your drink unattended or turn your back on your table.

Do not drink from open beverage sources like punch bowls, pitchers or tubs.

Keep your eyes and ears open; if there is talk of date rape drugs or if friends seem "too intoxicated" for what they have taken, leave the party or club immediately and don't go back!

Several years ago two girls died from an overdose of the date rape drug. One slipped into a coma in the boys bedroom, the other at a popular college nightclub. The first girl was kept alive on a respirator at her parents request for a few years in the hopes she would pull through, the other girl died shortly after taking the drug.

A relative of mine was also slipped the drug at a college frat party 3 years ago and was repeatedly violated by some boys, she was 14 at the time.