GreaseSpot Cafe

Question About Twins!

Cowgirl

Mine are too young for school as of yet-but I do have friends and co-workers with twins as well- The school age ones that are identical are separated in different class rooms-the idea being that this will help them develop individual skill sets- I am not sure I agree. Mine are a boy/girl set so that may change the way texas achool's see them. I kinda like the idea of them being able to watch out for each other...anyone else??

I have twins that have gone through school in the same class. We live in a small school district, so there is only one classroom per grade.

They have done well, get good grades, have plenty of friends, some together, some separate. They often plan social things together, but occasionally one will do something the other doesn't, and it isn't a big deal.

They are identical, and their biggest complaint is teachers who can't tell them apart. All their classmates can.

I was told by an educator that I should split them up because one twin is always dominant. Like I would send one little kid on a long bus trip to make this happen? My twins really didn't seem to have a problem with one being too bossy and dominant, anyway.

I suspect if you want them together in a district that splits twins you might have to get pretty vocal about it.

Bramble, I find it interesting that "educators" want you to split up your twins. Since you live in a town with a small school district it seems silly for them to actually suggest that. Why can't the teachers do assigned seating and split the twins up in class. That way their teacher will know which twin is in which seat and maybe their teachers will start to recognize them as individuals. Just a thought.

My sister has twins (identical), and I could never tell my two nieces apart, until they got older. They were never separated in school, and always shared the same classroom, where both the teacher and the students knew which was which, probably because they were around them all day long.

Ironically enough, their younger sister (by one year) looks just like the twins too, and for me -- it wasn't until they became more *teen-age* that I was able tell all three apart.

imho --- having a sibling in the classroom falls into the category of *priceless*. icon_smile.gif:)-->

quote:
Well, I may not be a lady, but I can tell you one thing. With twins, there are two of them..

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> .....and as the *immortal* Victor Borge once said :

"I have a Mexican housekeeper who just had twins. She called me to give me the good news. I gave her my congratulations, and asked her, what did you name them??

She said -- Jose', and Josb'! icon_razz.gif:P-->

two of my brothers are identical twins

and there are three sets in the grade school my son is in

because there are 2 classes per grade, they do split the twins up (they're in classrooms nextdoor to each other)

i'm pretty sure they split my brothers up too. i can't really remember. but i know they used to take each other's detention, etc. (like if one needed to go to baseball practice and had detention). they also pulled a few other interesting stunts in high school, even with dating. they were funny, still are.

When my twins started school I made sure they had different hair styles and were never dressed alike, to make it easier on the teachers.Usually their classroom teachers can tell them apart, but the art/music/PE teachers have a hard time.

I liked having them together. They stick up for each other and for other kids too( there are some mean kids in their class!) I always have an idea about what is happening at school because they chatter all about it and I overhear all knds of stuff.

The next school is 16 miles away, but that still means an extra hour a day of bus time. It just didn't seem that vital to me.

I find I can't wait til they are in school!! Actually I stress whether or not their big sister is ok throughout the day ( but Not that I'll non-believe her into a car accident!)

I do, like Bramble's, hope that they would stick up for each other and help each other out. Yes Mr H -it does mean that there are two-that is my giant excuse for havin' a giant behind!