GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI is on a cult comparison chart

gladtobeout

Just thinking

quote:
Do you think the word "weird" is a little subjective and vague?
Perhaps, but whatever word that is used will ruffle someone's fur. What's your suggestion for a better word? Perhaps a poll.... icon_smile.gif:)-->

1) f'd up beliefs 2) strange 3) non TWI 4) non-traditional 5) out there 6) sick puppies 7) manson like 8) coolaid drinker beliefs

bowtie:

quote:
Pat, I sent you a PT.

I haven't received it.

my quote:

Do you think the word "weird" is a little subjective and vague?

PJ's response:

"Perhaps, but whatever word that is used will ruffle someone's fur. What's your suggestion for a better word? Perhaps a poll....

1) f'd up beliefs 2) strange 3) non TWI 4) non-traditional 5) out there 6) sick puppies 7) manson like 8) coolaid drinker beliefs"

Well, it depends on what you're trying to say. #4 is probably a safe choice, if that is what you are attempting to convey. Non-traditional is not necessarily dangerous, however. Most would consider being called "weird" more of a personal attack than a researcher's descriptive term. If you want to have your research considered seriously, you may want to use more informational terms. Not picking on you but trying to be helpful. I think you have an interesting idea and would like to see your work considered.

I hope you'll keep us updated on when your work will be available.

JT

JustThinking :

I hadn't considered being too serious since this is a discussion forum versus a research paper with spelling and words that are carefully chosen.

I like non-traditional, non-mainline and alternative religious, political or self-help practices and beliefs.

The poll continues, although coolaid drinkers is still my secret favorite icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

"1) Does the group have wierd beliefs but doesn't bother other people? If so they are benine (level 1) and should not be of concern."

Patrick,

a "friendly ammendment"..

spell "benign"

thusly

and your editor will consider you

a creme puff to proofread

also, "weird" weirdly

is spelled 'weird'

I get it wrong all the time.

Keep up the good work.

I oft betimes agree with you.

oft betimes don't