GreaseSpot Cafe

The Myth of the Two TWI's

Oakspear

If I can take us back on-topic for a minute.

I think that the pivital change was from the late 70's to the mid 80's. Before that time, about the only corps in the field were way corps 1 - 4 grads working as limb leaders. All the branch and twig leaders were pfal-advanced class grads. During that time, there was a lot of love for God and each other, lots of fun, lots of good Word taught and lived.

As the Way Corps machine cranked out more and more grads, they had to have jobs and they gradually infilled the twig and branch leader positions. The majority of these new corps grads were sent to locations where they had no roots. This stole the heart out of many twigs and caused a hollowness that was never filled. Percentagewise many of the later corps didn't have the heart or understanding for people that the early corps did. Many were simply brownshirts following orders to progress up the ranks.

I heard VPW hint about this problem and I think he understood it and was concerned about it. Probably there was so much momentum that he couldn't change it.

LCM taking over was just the final scene in the drama. After killing WOW and ROA, his only source of power was the remaining faithful corps. No heart, no love, no motivated volunteers, just a lot of hate and anger.

No problem, Exc... icon_smile.gif:)-->

quote:
I heard VPW hint about this problem and I think he understood it and was concerned about it. Probably there was so much momentum that he couldn't change it.
Jim, you made an excellent point there. Another one to keep in mind is Craig became president back in 1982, and any happenings after that might need to be examined in the light of who's actually responsible. VPW was gradually ceding his duties and he died in 1985.