GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI and Moving

Hope R.

I don’t know if military duty-stations count. But I was active in fellowships and running classes through out.

1979 in Ct, alternated 105 days onboard sub and 100 days in barracks. 4 patrols totaling 7 moves between barracks and boat;

1980 moved to Newport News Va [1 move] until;

1983 moved to Fresno Ca [1 move] until;

1984 moved to Upper Lake Ca [1 move] until;

1985 moved to Atwater Ca [1 move] until;

1987 moved to Damn-Neck Va for 3 months, then to Holy-Loch Scotland [2 moves] until;

1990 moved to Norwich Ct [1 move] until;

1993 moved to Charlestown SC onto sub, made 2 patrols cycled between living onboard and in barracks [4 moves];

1994 moved to Bremerton Wa [1 move] until;

1995 moved to Bangor Wa onto another sub, made 6 patrols [10 moves];

1997 moved to Naples Italy [1 move] until;

2001 moved to Brunswick Maine for a couple months [1 move], then on to Norwich Ct [1 move].

I have done in 32 moves, some confined to everything I own within one sea-bag, some included everything my family owns, since completing PFAL.

Wasn't in the Way Corps, wasn't in the military, only went WOW once:

1977/78-78/79: lived with my parents in Queens, NY

1979/80: Way Homes in Queens NY - moved halfway through the year

1980/81: WOW in Nebraska - moved mid-year from Sidney to Kearney

1981/82: Nebraska WOWvet program - moved mid-year

1982: got married and never again moved because of TWI; in fact, still in the same city that I was asiigned to when in the WOWvet program

79/ al

79/80 Texarkana and Fayettevill Ark. as a wow (I guess that I must have met oldies there)

80/81 North Dakota (2 moves in city) in way homes

81/85 Al. two different way homes ran fellowships etc/app corpes

85/87 Hutchinson Ks, as a wow followed by a way home

87/89 Witchita Ks. At Lc`s request.

89/90 Salina Ks.

90/93 Moved back to Al (our first non leader recomended move)... and made the decision to leave twi.

Bought a house in Tenn and have not moved in 13 years....whew never been anywhere this long. I have to say it has been great to put down roots, to be a productive, respected member in our community....lol My mother refuses to go to town with me any more because I can never get anything accomplished... every where we go...I am running into folks I know and *catching up* :-)

I love being a part of things...no longer feeling like I am on the outside looking in....not feeling like an oustsider with an agenda anymore.

Hey TommyT -

I moved to WBP in Oct. of 1980 with Donnie & Patty G. I met John in November. He lived in Tampa. Don't think I witnessed much - spent most of my time travelling back and forth between WPB and Tampa! I finally moved here in July of 1981.

Wish we woulda crossed paths back then.