GreaseSpot Cafe

When was the first time you knew of sexual abuse/harrasment

Jim

For what it's worth, they seperated the husbands from the wives at the advanced class at Emporia in the summer of '78 too. Hubs and I were housed across the campus from each other. Come to think of it, we were sometimes housed seperately when we went to Gunnison for various events in it's early days.

I think it's pretty much a miracle anyone stayed married, considering all the demands and pressures put on us all.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Tonto. About your name. I used to work with a Mexican guy, who taught me how to speak Spanish. He was from a town called Monteray down in old Mexico. One day while we were working (we were sheetrocking partners), the subject of the Lone Ranger and Tonto came up. It occurred to me that "Tonto" was probably a Spanish name in that Tonto was an Apache. Lot's of Apaches had Spanish names. Geronimo, Mangus Colorados, etc.

So I said to Librado (means "liberty"-cool huh?); "Hey Librado, just what does "Tonto" mean anyway?" And he starts laughing really hard, and finally gets around to saying that it means "dummy". And we started laughing hilariously while thinking about the masked crusader saying; "Come on Dummy! Let's ride!" and things like that.

So, I guess that's why "Dummy" did all the dirty work for free.... icon_smile.gif:)-->

Hey Johnny, my choice of Tonto as my name here was based on the Lyle Lovett song "If I Had a Boat". In the song it says that "the mystery masked man was smart...he got himself a tonto, and Tonto did the dirty work for free. But Tonto he was smarter and one day said Kemosabe, kiss my a$$, I bought a boat, I'm going out to sea". To the lone ranger VeePee we WERE just a bunch of dummy tontos, bringing in recruits and their money along with them. For me, that song was a metaphor...for those of us who left the cult, we basically told them to kiss our a$$es. My "boat" is that I rebuilt my life.

Most excellent Tonto! I see the wit, and I appreciate it. I just wondered if you knew the actual Spanish translation for that particular name. Looks like it all "fits like a hand in a glove, and with a mathematical exactness and a scientific prec....." Oh, sorry 'bout that... icon_redface.gif:o--> I got carried away... icon_smile.gif:)-->