GreaseSpot Cafe

Nostalgia (temporary digs)

ChattyKathy

quote:
Originally posted by Bluzeman:

Well, the phone book line and the special purpose thing were both from a movie, and I really can't tell if you know it and are being really realy cryptic or not!

So let me just add "You mean I'll ALWAYS be this color??" icon_smile.gif:)-->

Rick

Yeah Rick it was a really really cryptic clue on my part. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

So what is everybody talking about anyway? icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I'm like totally something, I can't tell you what it is but how is it that I fail to think that when someone says something off the wall that it's a clue. I mean isn't that the reason for this thread? icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

Sudo man you need to start this thread again, you really don't want it to come out of the gate with a limp do ya man? icon_wink.gif;)-->

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well here is the scoop on retrieving.

There are two backups one from the 20th and one from the 24th. The 24th one won't have the thread on it. The 20th will have it. The problem is that the resore brings the whole forum to the point of time onthe 20th, in other words every post made on this forum since the 20th would be lost.

Now if Rick is a whiz with MySql, I made a back up last week. This might be a possibility

Paw,

You're trying to cut down on total posts. Unless I hear a hue and cry to the contrary from 'Nostalgics' here, I say delete them all and let me start a brand new thread. You get to cut 1000's of posts and we get to start over.

The Nostalgia thread is unique here at the Greasespot, Paw. More posts than 'THE' or even 'Oxygenated and sanctified water'. We get folks popping in for a theme or two and then leaving. Folks who sit and visit for a while. And lotsa' lotsa' folks who visit but never post. Themes that were posted over a year ago are like new to many visitors.

We've been doing this for over 4 years now (Pirate is good at keeping up with the exact date) and that's a lot of posts that virtually no one goes back to read. Let me know your thinking here and we'll go from there.

sudo

P.S. Geo knew it. Here it is for everyone else. Click HERE! Anyone else know where it's from??

quote:
Originally posted by Sudo:

Paw,

You're trying to cut down on total posts. Unless I hear a hue and cry to the contrary from 'Nostalgics' here, I say delete them all and let me start a brand new thread. You get to cut 1000's of posts and we get to start over.

Works for me. Does that mean I'm a 'Nostalgics'? icon_smile.gif:)-->

Kathy,

Frankly My dear.. I think you knew it, too. icon_biggrin.gif:D--> Kinda' slow on weekends around here huh?? Hmmm.. here's an excerpt from my favorite recent(Last 20 years)Disney movie. Not really expecting ANYONE to know it because... I wouldn't have recognized it right off the bat myself. But it's good music.. and since most folks here are using broadband.. I didn't even bother to convert it.

Click HERE! Sounds pretty good in stereo, huh?? I'll see if I can find something a little more interesting later.

sudo

Hey Sudo, you still need to convert it..lroom is acting real stingy these days. In this world on instant info 3 minutes is JUST too long!!! Besides, for some reason all I get is 2 seconds of ..I cant even describe it!! Also Lroom just redirected me to a new place..they say that they moved!!!

Hi guys..

That's what happens when you try to do something when you REALLY don't have the time. I was flying trying to get out the door to take my 13 year old son to his basketball game. Wanted to get something posted this weekend. The problem is that Lroom.org has a DSL connection and I've never seen it push more than 270Kbs upstream. And on top of that.. they're having bandwidth problems today. Sorry guys.

Click HERE! and hear it. Wasway.. I don't know why you're being re-directed on the link. Yes, the main Lroom page has moved but Lroom.org is still operational. Sorry again.

sudo