GreaseSpot Cafe

Indy 1975-1982

bluesunday

I am attempting to locate exwayfers from Indianapolis from 1975-1982.I was a TL before going WOW in Springfield,Ill 1976-77. Paul Giles was my corps branch leader. Paul was a wild and crazy guy. We used to go to the city park and play guitar and sing in order to draw a crowd before we explained the "holy ground" that they were sharing with us. Nobody could say that we were not bold. Hello..hello..hello...is there anybody in there?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yea I was at Indy, got involved in 1975, PFAL January 1976. You sound suspiciously like the one I replaced in that apartment when someone went WOW and I became apprentice corps after ROA 1976. The apartment where I got to live alongside of plenty of vegetation. That should be enough clues, I wont mention your name, so I wont reveal it if I am right, or look like an *** if I am wrong.

If you are the one, you did a fine job as the Evil One in that year ending branch skit contest...DK, CR and I were the "Three little Babes".

uh-oh! This is getting close to the nerve endings. I was the Evil One in that skit that we did at the IV clubhouse. DK was one of my roomates and CR was in med school. Does the vegetation that you refer to have anything to do with GS(not greasespot)? My brain cells are still thawing out so bear with me. I cant believe that I am having a brain fart trying to recollect who in the heck moved into my room after I went wow. Were you in my twig? Were you at the volleyball games behind my apartment right before ROA 1976? Give me today to jumpstart the grey matter and I am sure that it will come back to me.

bluedaze

p.s. the skit was the three little pigs, right?

I huffed and puffed.

I saw plenty of you even though my first twig leader was PD. Actually I drifted into yours as summer came I think. Of course we have connected. I dont think I was at the vollyball games though.

One thing we had in common was we both went out with the same corps lady, whose name you dont have to look far to find.

Of course all those plants belonged to GS, that and listening to Seals & Crofts all the time were hallmarks of living in that apartment. Plus DK grabbing his handfulls of raw ground beef and downing them. At one time during the year, while you were WOW, he bought a can of squid somewhere. I opened it up one day, chopped up the squid, and made a salad to spread on crackers for twig.

CR was just one of the hordes of medical people around at the time. One highlight was watching him get lots of exercise in and out of one clas that was run while he was doing the cleanse. Dont remember if that was while you were there or not.

You can keep exercising your brain to remember if you wish, or you can e-mail me at smile092850@hotmail.com . I reveal all in private communication to friends and even most enemies.

On that skit, the three of us wroe makeshift diapers...the "Three Little Babes" (plaigarized from the Three Little Pigs) ...while you dressed up western style as The Evil One. We were the first skit because CR was co-hosting the event with, I think, TG, so he could change out of his babe costume and do his emcee part.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I knew Paul Giles from Oklahoma. He was in Oklahoma City in '75. I went Summer Outreach in Oklahoma that year in Enid, OK and Paul was our family coordinator. I was with Kevin Kelso, Charles (from Oxnard, CA), and Paul. Paul was a crazy guy.

He would wait til I got home from work, and as soon as I entered the door, he would start doing wrestling holds on me. At the time I didn't smoke, and he was always intentionally blowing smoke in my face. I showed him, I started smoking too.

David

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...

BlueSunday...I repeat the above question from over 10 months ago.

Things were going pretty well for me in my TWI life around that time...with particular attention to my apprentice corps year which was also your not so good WOW year. I was looking forward to hearing more about that year, and from yoor point of view what was going wrong, as you began the year on such a high note from Indy.