GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

So, I have this cat who develped a condition for which the vet is having us give him kitty valium for a couple of weeks.

Ever had a loaded cat in your house?

Yup, Sparky's high. His pupils are dilated, and he's got the munchies. I just caught him lying on his back, feet in the air, playing with imaginary mice that must have been floating about a foot off of the ground.

Meeeeeeow. (hic)

Meeeeee(hic)ooow.

Thank you, Simon...get thee behind me... icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Well, I've had a playful kitty that for brief moments seemed like he had some chemical help... but, more often, we've had this guy be quite uptight about real or imagined cats visiting neighboring yards, the divider wall or on the roof next door. Needless to say, this guy doesn't have a pal to hang out with on school/work days because he "doesn't play well with other(s)(cats). He loves humans and thinks he is one, but there have been times when he could have used either valium or prozac.

And, usually quite mellow, and always affectionate when his humans first get home, there are predictable times when he can be seen racing around our meager 2 br home. I bet some of you with cats know when that time is...

Edited by Guest

Yes, it's right when you settle down and close your eyes for a good night's sleep. Any self-respecting nocturnal animal goes ballistic with pleasure at this exact moment, and starts playing with anything that will make noise. If it looks as though it rattles, crunches, spills, or breaks, my cats will honor that potential. It's their sworn duty.

Sparky also loves to eat our shoelaces, and chooses the quiet peacefullness of the night hours to complete this important work undisturbed.

John, rewritting the scriptures is not necessary, as He arose at whatsoever time a believer awakes.

You see, this is why they were so sad, you see. This word "arose". In the originals it is in the pluperfect tense, indicating a process perfected (exartizo) over time. A transliteration of the verse would render it as, "as He was in the PROCESS of being arisen ...". This is a tremendous truth!!! Because of this, He began His ascension a great while before day, and continued rising, not unlike a leaven which leaveneth the whole lump, until the cock crowed twice, which is 11:59:59 pm in our reconning of time.

So once again we see, in manifestation, you walking right on by the Spirit. Thanks be to God for His unspeakable gift.

what did rocky do on lead ? lay on his back and play with imaginery bunny do do's ?

now speaking of what the easter bunny brought – and you'll see how this allllll ties together people – the bigbunny brought a pellet gun for my son. it's like a bb gun only it shoots plastic colorful pellets. they sting.

and thrice he arose twice ?

Edited by Guest

Ohbelieve,I don't think Sunesis can help this thread...Can you imagine being a new babe on the field and having one of these clowns sent to be your spiritual leader? No wonder there's only a handful of members left in the way....

My first year on the field I turned my branch into a twig....

My second year,my twig became a grad...

The next year I moved...

If you want to know anything about how to reduce a so great a gathering, that there's not even room enough to stand, to a decimal value, I can tell you more than you both will ever know. And the 3 snoopdog nites were wrong; one is NOT the loneliest number. That would be: 419-753-2623 (correct this time, Ex??).

Where's Michael Fertita???

quote:
Originally posted by notinKansasanymore:

Yes, it's right when you settle down and close your eyes for a good night's sleep. Any self-respecting nocturnal animal goes ballistic with pleasure at this exact moment, and starts playing with anything that will make noise.

Well, niKa, that's an outstanding guess, but it actually is right after my little monster baby (that's his name, monster baby...but the kind of monster they have on Sesame Street, not Elm Street)... leaves a treat for the scientist in all of us (see ex-cath's post speculating on my LEAD experience icon_eek.gif)

But, HEY, they have to get some exercise sometime.

Mike Fertxxta and Mary Wehmanxx were ahead of their time. Visionaries! I almost did my research paper on Mike but it got too deep to handle. Even Walter could not help me. I think they should have married.

What ever happened to Albert, Mrs. W's brother? Do any of you know who I mean? I think his job was to keep evil spirits away from the Root, sort of like a scarecrow ministry.

Edited by Guest

Don't you know? His brother is that guy from ZZ Top. Sibling rivalry. I always feel like crossing through the middle of the Red Sea when I see him.

Hell, at least he is helping people. Can't say I am a better man than he. But it is VERY hard to understand.

I remember Mike teaching all of us in the 7th in res one Saturday about the value of starting a car buffing franchise when we went out on the field. He was quite the entrepreneur.

Edited by Guest