GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

If you're going crazy,Shipper,then act crazy...Turn the tables on them and put them on the defensive...Show up at their school hopping on a pogo-stick,wearing a fright wig,a polka-dot dress and waving a butterfly net at imaginary demons...Embarrass them at every opportunity,and they'll be so scared of your next crazy outburst,they'll start behaving like little angels...

Our thanks to dictionary.com:

quote:
stoop

n. Chiefly Northeastern U.S.

A small porch, platform, or staircase leading to the entrance of a house or building.

Originally brought to the Hudson Valley of New York by settlers from the Netherlands, a few items of Dutch vocabulary have survived there from colonial times until the present. Stoop, “a small porch,” comes from Dutch stoep; this word is now in general use in the Northeast and is probably spreading. The word olicook, which appears to be dying out, means “doughnut,” and comes from Dutch oliekoekliterally, “oil cake.” And the Dutch word kill for a small running stream is used throughout New York State.

"We sat on the stoop overlooking the kill having olicooks and coffee."

FellowFather, teenagers are just crazy; that's what we were like, too. At least yours will probably not run off and join a cult.

When they're a little older, they'll think that you're a little wiser. Then, they'll listen to you more. They might even feel a little guilty that they put you through this, but don't hold your breath about that one. It's just one of the joys of parenthood that we have to take what we dished out when we were young.

We have been between two houses for the past three days; two words: shelf paper.

We didn't take the T.V. over yet, and it will live in the closet when we do. Remember that old song:

"Blow up your T.V. throw away your paper

Go to the country, build you a home

Plant a little garden, eat a lot of peaches

Try and find Jesus on your own."

That's kind of the idea. My husband even came home from the farmer's market with a big bag of Stratford peaches on Saturday, for a joke.

This is the weirdest thing I've done since joining a cult. But soon, we should have everything paid off, be completely debt-free, and know our children better. I'm glad that we're not too chicken to try it, at our age. Littler house, bigger yard, bigger garden, earlier retirement.

Less stuff.

Same cats.

Thanks for the picture John. Look how blessed Davis appears!!! Looks like a ruined corvette (or, as the French would say, "Corvette de Ruin") would have blessed him more (Dixie).

Tom, Strange it is that thou shouldest be so concerned about stoops. Turn your eyes upon Jesus. Look full on his wonderful face. And the things of earth will grow tom strangely dim in the light of his glory and grace.

La malacosita lo shanta!! Beep beep beep ...

Niki, do you want me to come over this weekend and fix your TV? Not for you, but for the husband. Priorties are priorities, I have the skills and umpty gump to get on it and finish the desired results.

That was a good picture of D.Crowell, but hey ,I will not be deceived, that is a twenty sum plus years photograph, what does he look like now, what are you holding on to, old memories, I too do the same and have changed. " You don't know the meaning of truth".Hummm, maybe some grey hair with wrinkles. Here on the ninth Corps thread,let's be honest we need current information and up to date images on our brothers/sisters in Christ.

Thanks John. You could have posted the other pics where I had drool running down my face, my hands trembling, etc. I have been called not only the lamb of the lost sheep of Gawwd, but also "Aqualung", spying little girls with bad intent ...

Well, even though I look rather weathered from my battles for or from Gawd, I managed to get a job starting Monday (no longer 'Men Without Jobs'). Almost had to go to Memphis for 3 months or more, and could have gone to Tampa, from whence the John & Hope show broadcasts. But praise Jesus, I got hooked up locally here and for better money.

Isn't Gawd good?

...And don't forget,Tommie,your suffiency is God,not some natural man,earthly,god-of-this-world boss who won't let you take days off to do setup for PAFL and limb meetings...Now that you're working again,I expect your blue forms and horn 'o plenties to be pletho and pleroo with abundant sharing to me so I can continue to go,stand and post the wonderful words of this life....