GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

...coming up for air...

Ahh, that's better. FINALLY got internet service back after the spring showers. Some houses here are kitty-wampus. I'm about 10 miles south of Ft. Pierce and Frances Cardullo ripped my lip and sliced my jaw, rubbed my faces raw, raw, raw.

BARBER COLLEGE!! BARBER COLLEGE!! BARBER COLLEGE!!

Now looking at Ivan - he's of the devil.

John, let's get together boomsquick for an hour of flour prayer session.

Sexie, sorry about your death in the family. My brother died in May - he was only 1 year older than me. Sucks, don't it??

Wierwille, git to crackin!!

My condolences too, to both of you. Life isn't fair at times. I am sorry to hear about Joyce Carr too. Damn!

I think you will be Ok in Ft. Pierce.

Is Florida accursed along with California because so maaaany CORPS wanted to come here instead of going to the uttermost parts of the earth? icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Mohammed Ali was the greatest fighter. Whaddaya know about fighters??

I lost 1 barrel tile from the roof, landscaping looks like Simon did the planting (fall over, fall over!!), and the pool had over a foot of pine needles and branches (and yes, twigs also) on the bottom. Power was out for only 30 hrs. As of today, only 30% of St. Lucie county has power. We were, and are, very "LUCKY" !!!!!

Yeah, must be the maaany of us copped out corps here in FL that have brought this upon us. Or maybe we kept the full fury at bay, and the REAL "gate-keeper" who opened the door is the revered Rev BM.

I want you to repeat after me, "I LOVE the Lawd!!!!". I want you to hold on to the hand that led the children out of bondage, the hand that saved Gilligan ..

Who beats people??

People!!

Swellow, shutteth up not thine bowels of compassion towards me, as I have need of a 45 foot yacht to sail out from among these hurry-canes. Just sent your love offering to me, just write the Creature, Port St. Lucie, FL ...

And thou, Sexie, shalt be called 'Lexi', and shalt be the glory of all exotic dancers, unto the uttermost parts of the earth.

I love you. Sure. And I'd love to have you love me. But if it's a question of your love or the integrity of the Way's Word, I've gotta go with your love ...

Hey.

Some of you guys know a bit about my Daddy, who died a year ago. I've shared here, before, about how he was saved in a WW2 battle by his best good buddy, who'd been killed in action the day before, appearing and showing him where to find enough ammunition for his patrol to hold off the Japanese, and survive.

Here's something from today, but the story actually starts more than a year ago. I thought that since I haven't had much time to share hardly anything with youse guys since we started getting ready to move, you might not mind me bending your ear for a minute.

The last time that I saw Daddy, he gave me an old watch. It was just a beat-up thing, that he'd found at the flea market, that didn't work. He thought that he could do something with it, which was so like him, and so he talked them down from fifty cents, and took it home for a quarter and two sticks of gum. He fixed the watch, but then couldn't get any of the kids or grandkids to take it, because the brown leather band was old and kind of cracked.

I thought that I could do something with it, and thanked him, and took it home, mostly just to make him happy. The next time that I was in Walmart, I bought some thick black elastic thread, and a couple of packages of assorted, exotic-looking blue glass beads. I strung the beads on three strands of the thread, and made a funky blue watchband for the watch, and wore it to teach. I loved it, and told my classes the story of the watch. I called Daddy, and told him about the watchband, and wearing the watch to teach, and he was tickled about that. The next week, Daddy passed away, very suddenly. By the time I got there, he was in surgery, and he died on the table.

A couple of weeks after Daddy died, I was a little later than usual getting in to work, and couldn't find a parking spot in my normal little parking lot, which is right next to my building. I had to park about a hundred yards away, in a huge lot. As I was rushing to get to class, and putting on my backpack, the strap of the backpack caught on one of the strings of that blue watchband, and beads went everywhere. Since I had to teach five minutes later, I gathered up what I could, and hurried to class. That was in October of last year.

This morning, I didn't have to teach, so I wasn't in any hurry to get into the office. I arrived after the little lot was filled with cars, and had to go to the back of the big lot to find a space. As I walked across the lot, I was thinking about the fact that Daddy was buried a year ago tomorrow.

Something on the ground , right in my path, caught my eye. It was blue glass, and round. Unbelieveably, it was one of the beads from the watchband, that I'd lost on that hurried day, almost a year ago. This said to me that Daddy was trying to say "I am here, watching over you."

I just thought that it was a cool thing to have happen this morning.

That's all I have to say about that.

Love, niKa

That is inspiring Nika, thanks.

Sexie, I had a beau-tee-ful hedge of love AND believing around MY whole state, until Tom Mausolf & multi-services come by a leveled it. They said it looked like the hedge died backwards, sos they wanted to burn the chaff.

Where is Kent Kiplinger? Eddie Lemos?? The flying firkins???

They are where they are because of their believing,just like you or me,Tommy....Not to brag,but you don't read about hurricanes and cyclones and typhoons here in Arizona...Maybe a little zephyr now and then...Coincidence?...I don't think so...Remember driving past Meteor Crater road near Winslow,Arizona,where the girl,my lord,drove a flatbed Ford?...I'll have you know in the 20 years since I've lived in Az.,we have not once been struck by a meteor...It's nice to know that even the unbelievers are blessed with my faith...

I also,(Lamsa)was moved by your story,Nika...It's great to be looked after...

Nika, not too many years ago I would have been critical of stories like that when I was in TWI. I was wrong then to do so. I think it is a heartfelt and inspiring story.

Tom Tuttle - Your hedge of bleving worked for our state! Please run for Governor. You made IVAN go to Lousianna.

New Orleans is evil, anyway. I saw it corrupt an entire Word in Business conference one year, as did exie. We stayed up all night (literally) ministering to people from bar, to bar to bar up and down Bourbon Street. We also ran into other top leaders doing the same. But alas, no one followed us to the household. Now they have no hedge about them.