GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain Simon. Whenever I hear ANYBODY say, "Well, I THINK ...", I stand up and take another look at this thing.

I THINK they were saying ...

Well, bless your heart, it's not what YOU THINK that's so important. It's in minds that open, and in eyes that ask.

That song was referring to walking in the side door of the BRC and stepping on down the stairs for the meal, after which they would be handing out sack suppers. That'll make ANY daddy's head hand down.

Today I am reminded of the first major way ministry function I missed since I became actively involved....It was called Sound Out'84,...from Jan. 3-5...I don't remember where it was,but it was held somewhere in the midwest,a few hours from where I lived....My young'n was due to be born in mid-January,but I didn't want to take any chances of not being there for the blessed event(the birth,not the ministry event,you ninnies)....Today,my darling daughter turns 21,and I still remember cutting the embilical chord....(They had to tie it first so she didn't go thpthpthpthpthpthpin' around the room like a popped balloon)...

Oh, the pain. The horribly painful pain. Our star quarterback couldn't throw without an interception, our star running back couldn't run anywhere without getting squished, and our sure-footed heroes couldn't cut any turns in the whole first half without ending up on their tushes.

Ooooh, the heartache.

There's always next year!

But the pain of the day was significantly diminished, because earlier in the afternoon, Mr. niKa and I had the joy of meeting Simon, Rocky, and KarmicDebt for lunch. We hadn't seen one another for more years than I can remember. If I could remember, I'd be embarrassed to say! They are lovely, and beautiful, and witty. It was great to see you guys, and I hope to repeat the experience the next time we're in Arizona.

love, niKa