GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

That sounds good,excie..You and the other women can make homemade vegemite sandwiches by the seashore while the men go fishing with Jesus,learning to be fishers of men,drinking our Foster's and new wine,and sharing fully with you wonderful weeemen,like Treeesha,in most holy communion,after you cook and clean the fish..

Wow Fellowtripper, that is some move! From "Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plain..." all the way down to Australia! That's amazing Rondo, fore shore. I never woulda thought that a homeboy like you woulda done it. But that is way cool brother. You must be having the time of your life! And the little okies are with you? And...the little lady! So happy for you bro...Have a great time. I'm going to go and tell missus Lingo right now....

Mrs Lingo sez "Oh my Gawd! But now we have someone to go and visit down in Australia!"

Well if you want to send an e-mail, our new e-mail address is nyetribe@gci.net

Take care and look out for that weird "crock guy". He might try to feed your willy to a crock, or somethin..Crykie!!

Country Cookin Makes U Good Lookin !!!

That's what the sign in front of this all-u-can-eat place in the Carolinas says.

I like to say:

Fried Cheekin makes u good leekin !!!

But what does the Word say??

I go a fishin ...

Howdy, FosterSipper. Hope you enjoy your new abode. Are you living in sin with this widow-woman??

Oh yeah, Queensland. That's in the North where your swamps are. Our swamps are down south, yours are up north. Seems like it's all bassackwards Down There. But ya know, I always kinda liked the crock guy. Very interesting and well informed on the reptile thing, and interest I had as a kid ya know. I me own self have been bitten at least twenty or thirty times by various non poisonous snakes. I even caught, by hand, a cotton mouth when I was about twelve. no bite, thank God...

But that crock guy screwed up when he took his own baby in the cage with the crock. Scared the crap outa a lot of people! It looked like he was hanging on to a piece of chicken or something, but, it was his kid!!

Anyway, sounds like you are having a fine time of it Fostersipper. Yes, Mr Tuttle found a good one when he called you that...

Have you seen any fruit bats yet?

I have been a-fishing.

And hiking, and partying with Mr. niKa's parents (14 of us altogether, from three states) as they celebrated 50 years of a good marriage.

We went after salmon, trout, and char (aka brook trout, aka "brookies," aka "what's that in the pan that smells sooo goood?) in snow, rain, hail, and sunshine; didn't much matter to us, as long as we were a-fishin'.

We transported a large, fancy, 50th anniversary cake for twelve hours in a van with four kids and a little yippy dog (my stepdaughter's), with the last hour over bumpy mountain roads, and the cake made it!

My brother-in-law mesquite-smoked about 40 or 50 of the fish; they were awesome. Mr. niKa put garden herbs from the backyard into just about as many, and baked them with lemon slices; they were likewise awesome.

We saw deer, turtles, elk, foxes, bunny rabbits, butterflies, and bear tracks. We didn't see the bears, but the neighbor did; a big one.

I saw a bald eagle in the wild, for the first time.

Glad to be back, but wouldn't have minded another week in the high country.

Cheers,

niKa

Congratulations, Fellowshipper! You are going to have to get her a name of her own on the boards! Here are a few suggestions:

Bride of Fellowshipper

Mrs. Fellowshipper

FellowMrs

MrsShipper

MsShipper, if she's feminist (aren't we all!)

I hope that you have a wonderful ceremony and celebration, and a very long, very happy life together.

It was Colorado, and I apologize for being so long-winded! My sister-in-law had a six-hour brain surgery yesterday, and I was nervous. We finally heard late last night that she came through it very well. It's a relief.

Thank you, FellowAussie; we started thinking about that years ago, because Mr. niKa's oldest friend and climbing buddy is a Melbournite. It would be nice to be in the States during the summer, and then be a snowbird in Melbourne for the summer, and then come back to the States for the summer, thereby avoiding the phenomenon known as Winter for quite awhile.

Of course, Simon and Rocky have already figured out how to avoid winter, and stay right here . . ..

And now, for a moment, LittleniKaKid will plaster the end of this message with smiley faces.

banghead.gifangelkit.gificon_smile.gif:)--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> wink2.gif;)--> redface.gif:o--> icon_razz.gif:P--> icon_cool.gificon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> icon_eek.gificon_confused.gif:confused:--> love3.gifangelkit.gifnono5.gifconfused.gifbanghead.gif