GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Aaaahh, thank you; Happy Monday to you, too, Excie!

I have been absent from this esteemed company for two days because the plumbers who were digging my new sewer line accidentally severed my esteemed telephone wire.

They were very nice about it, however, and are bedding in my line with a truckload of sand, for which they are not charging me.

It's kind of cool; there's a ten-foot deep ditch, two and a half feet wide, and 140 feet long, all the way from my back door to the alley.

The yard cats are confused. The possums, skunks, and raccoons have so far avoided it. The blue jays play with it; down to the bottom, up to the top; etc., etc., etc. It's almost as if they are hoping that one of the yard cats will try to catch them in there, and get stuck.

The Ditch should be filled in sometime tomorrow, after the city inspection.

The nice part is that it's right in front of my kitchen window, and the kids got to sit on the kitchen counter and watch it being done, all day Saturday.

The plumbers did not charge overtime for Saturday work, either.

Soooo, that's what's happening notinKansas these days.

What's up with you folks?

Tommy, if it was only 2-1/2 feet deep, like any normal self-respecting sewer ditch, I'd be out there playing it with them! But ten feet is just too dangerous. Already, a small section of the side has started to tumble into the ditch;let us just say that MamaKansasNoMore is being extra watchful these days.

So, on a happy note: my little girl turned to me just at dusk today, and said: "Mamma, which one is the second star to the right?"

You know, I've been looking for that one for awhile, myself. I keep some old Fairy Dust on hand, just in case I ever figure it out.

Tuttle,you're really causing me,your brother in Christ to have a stumbling block in my walk with the Lord,with your blowing it on spiritual protocal by speaking negatively upstairs of our Father-in-the-Word....You should confess a maximum of three positives for every three negatives,thrice,or something like that...Yeah,I've heard that before,"that's just Victor Paul", or "that's just simonzelotes"....You just quit your yakkin'! Holy men of God spake as they were MOVED by what?...That's right,Rufus Mosley,bless his soul...

*********Interloper Alert*******************

I think that Rev. 2Ts is correct about brother Simon being a plumber. Why just look at the butt crack he displayed so openly in his Self Portrait on the Pics pages. Now that's plumber material!

Carry on....

J. icon_wink.gif;)-->