GreaseSpot Cafe

JOB

sky4it

I can't help but see the analogy or parable of the life of Job and that of God. Was God trying to tell us that seeing people suffer under sin was akin to loosing his family and all his goods like Job?

Jesus when oppressed by the religious for his "Son of God" status repeated the Psalms "Have I not said ye are all God's,children of the most high." This clearly was the problem in the heavenlies for Satan and his pals didnt just want some goods, they in fact wanted to be God.

The scary thing is this. Would God abandon his creator and Godhood status if his children left him? In fact, he did just that. It is my view that this caused him this amount of pain, to allow the sacrifice of his own son. Think about it for yourselves, could you do it? Could you sacrifice your own son? We tend to think of these things in terms that don't fit ourselves, like God would raise him up so whats the difference. Still, God has promised to raise us up also so what is the difference? The fact of the matter is that God has limited himself to righteousness or holiness, which are overextended words for simple cleanliness.

The skinny is this. I think we need to let God know that we appreciate him as his role as God. I think this is the essence of what worship is, (not screaming and yelling fanatically) Worship is admiration. Worship is appreciation. In religiousity, I think we have lost this concept.

Worship of God is done more by deeds than words. At least this was Jesus view in the sermon on the mount.

Sky4it,

Job (and his friends) have been of interest to me for a long time.

My brother named his dog Job circa 1950.

And the lives of myself and my family have been difficult.

We have not made it to the "multiplying" part.

And all I do know is to try to do the worship you speak of.

(Sheep don't scream and yell. Sometimes they are even silent.)

The praise and worship we do is the heart song. And should ever be on our lips, even when our lips are silent. That's the honey I think.

And this can only be, I think, when there is no root of bitterness within, I think.

Kit

Kit:

Thanks Kit, I appreciate that. I also wanted to thank you and Paw, for the GS. It is a refreshing place to be refreshed from the ailments of life. I dont think any of us can walk along without some wounds and bruises.

Having spent some years in the Assemblies with the loud praising to the point of verbally raising the roof with it, I suppose I can say that it was beneficial to keep my mind on God, but I think I would have done that anyway. Worship, maybe can be defined in many ways, except that if when your done you dishonor God in your deeds, you certainly havent really "worshiped" him at all. Quiet appreciation of the Lutheran variety, in my opinion, can be just as effective.

One thing I noticed about myself , Kit, in the last 10-15 years. It seems that the first symptom of deterioration in my relationship with God, is complaining and "murmering". For complaining is really telling God, look buddy, your messing up with me. Still, I dont think it bothers the Lord at all to look up at him and scream Why God Why. I think there is a fine line between the two. In one, we are seeking for answers to lifes difficulties. In the other, complaining, we are setting out to leave behind the things of God, because we quit believing in his work. It is the area, I think, where we are most tested. I think we need to find the contentment in life in the little things as service to God. Receiving authority and power from God, I suspect, is unlike man's power, for it is always used in service and love to others. I wish and pray that I could be better at learning this lesson. Our Lord, after all, was always a servant first, and thank God he always will be.

song:

your comment:

is this like a secret message ~~~ like a surprise party .... shhh i have the helium and balloons and confetti

AND GOD SAYS OH MY GOD

So God needs a party, in order to be appreciated? I think thats stinkin disrepectful song, I really think it is.

Noticeably, the first 4 commandments, of which we ever speak little, have to do precisely with this issue; that is our respect of God. Taking God's name in vain? IMO can be taking using his name as a rubber stamp for something that is untrue or for our own benefit, to the consernation of others. And please don't get upset about it, because I am not saying you did that.