GreaseSpot Cafe

Sheep and Goats

sky4it

Interesting analogy:

Sheep provide clothing for people. (Wool)

Goats eat the clothing off of people.

The OT speaks of not uncovering your brother or sister and other such relatives "nakedness"

Goats wanna have your wife take off her clothes and use her sexually

Sheep wanna provide wool for your wife if she is so inclined

Goats wanna get all the mud on yah and gossip and uncover your nakedness

Sheep wanna put bandaids and wool on all your hurting Lazarus sores.

Small wonder why the Lord is gonna seperate the sheep from the goats.

Some people act like goats because that's all they know.

Loving kindness of sheep is our job.

The Lord is the one who separates the sheep from the goats.

Some people I used to think were goats have turned out to be the ones who are the true Christians/sheep.

And others (vpw et al) who i thought were sheep were the real goat-y ones.

Now I try to let the Lord do the judging.

Kit

Sheep....I lived on a sheep ranch in Montana for a couple years. Sheep require alot of help to survive on the range--special fences so they don't get on the high way, dogs and other spunky animals to keep coyoties away, special care in ice and rain, cuz they get stuck...But they are cute when they are clean ( and those cute 4H sheep--took hours to clean. But they are nice and docile through most of it.)

The rancher's kids had a pet goat. No one ever worried about Billy, he wandered all over the place, and if something tried to get him, he would jump up on the roof of the vehicles, leaving annoying dents--but he didn't get eaten.

So the greatness of sheep and the evils of goats kind of eludes me as a spiritual truth. But I can see why ancient Bible folk would have admired them, as a source of wealth.

And clothing a naked woman with WOOL? Please! I had to wear wool jumpers to catholic school. Even over tights and shirts and undies it was itchy!! Shudder.

But then, I'm a cat person, too.

Now that you mention it, I had a goat for awhile.

I brought it home for the kids (MY kids) to play with. It was a very good-natured critter.

Not overly bright, but good natured all the same. She had a great propensity to eat just about everything. Cardboard boxes, tarps, garden hoses, blackberries, lumber, and it every now and then made her sick. Didn't seem to stop her though.

Anyway, I don't understand the analogy much either, now that I've had one around.

I felt awful when she died. R.I.P. Gigi (my wife thought of the name - short for "girl goat")...

song:

your comment:

S4, is the small wonder the all is sheep and goat?

I guess I really aint sure what your asking. Can a sheep become a goat? I dont think so.

Can a goat get rid of his goatyness (strange word), yea I think they can otherwise the sacrafice of a goat in the OT wouldnt have been an acceptable sacrifice. Interesting OT stuff about animals, particularily that birds are the most manogoumous animal with estimates differing for different species.

year 2027:

thanks i appreciate that, may God bless you also.

I have noticed from your writings that you are decidedly Catholic. Over the past several years I attended Basketball games with my son when they were playing against Catholic schools. I got to meet some warm wonderful Christian Catholics. We had a wonderful time in the Lord. Interesting how God has planted so very many of his people in different denominations, and yet the love of God in them transcends the religion. Again , God bless.

God first

Beloved Sky4it

thanks again but I am not Catholic

but I have a lot of Catholic friends

Now this last few years I have jump from church to church to learn and met belivers of all walks

I grow up in The First Christian Church than the Way Ministry came and since the Way I have been feeling myself as part of all churches

with love and an holy kiss Roy