GreaseSpot Cafe

Interpretation of Tongues by John Lynn

quote:
aaaaaawwwwwwwwmmmmmmmmm........

nopper, not even close. It's not awm It's more like saying Amen really slow. Ya begin at the vocal cords and an otctave below and with exhaling breath through the mouth, and a vibration of harmony rather than the snore of awm. ~~~

somewhere~~~

in the bible~~~

there's the voice~~~

aumcross the universe~~~

>>>>

The voice of many waters>>>

And there shall be no more sea>>>

and etc

if ya really like to know how to say AUM~~~

song

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
His physical body dropped dead upon finishing the last word in a speech he was giving.

At least that's what I've read.

i read maha samadhi (or something like that}

Did you take classes with SRF?

quote:
O Hymn that Dwelleth in One Place -

Indeed I did read "Autobiography" online only over these past few months -

that I enjoyed it immensely would an understatement.

i read Auto Yo about thirty years ago, and another time. i thinks its about 400 plus pages complete with photo documentation and other stuff~~~

The Dr. (unaccredited) Weirwille had a broken ground ceremony with Bishop K.C.P.

I am really surprised vp never mentioned Para Yo or even met such a one known in India!

i took, uhm, not classes, but rather a purchase of one book {Auto Yo}{which is another story) and ordered the Kryia Yoga material via snail. Maybe 40 bucks for the whole year and like 5 bucks a peice a litho of, babaji ,Lahiri Mahasaya, something yketswar, Para Yo, & jc which i mounted on the wall in front of my cushioned chair from which i prayed.

and then i met twi where the wow witnessed to me and i told this wow my recent piece of experience of kryia....{well, that's another story}

just a song

quote:
Originally posted by TheSongRemainsTheSame:

quote:
His physical body dropped dead upon finishing the last word in a speech he was giving.

At least that's what I've read.

_i read maha samadhi (or something like that}_

Did you take classes with SRF?

quote:
O Hymn that Dwelleth in One Place -

Indeed I did read "Autobiography" online only over these past few months -

that I enjoyed it immensely would an understatement.

_i read Auto Yo about thirty years ago, and another time. i thinks its about 400 plus pages complete with photo documentation and other stuff~~~

The Dr. (unaccredited) Weirwille had a broken ground ceremony with Bishop K.C.P.

I am really surprised vp never mentioned Para Yo or even met such a one known in India!_

_i took, uhm, not classes, but rather a purchase of one book {Auto Yo}{which is another story) and ordered the Kryia Yoga material via snail. Maybe 40 bucks for the whole year and like 5 bucks a peice a litho of, babaji ,Lahiri Mahasaya, something yketswar, Para Yo, & jc which i mounted on the wall in front of my cushioned chair from which i prayed. _

_and then i met twi where the wow witnessed to me and i told this wow my recent piece of experience of kryia....{well, that's another story}_

_just a song_

I thought "Autobiography" was far better than anything on orientalisms produced by Pillai or VP. It's a very moving book. The first edition (1946) is preferable to the later editions done after the Yogi's death - the organization SRF re-edited and inserted itself into the autobiography to boast of their own importance, altering the Yogi's meaning.

Here's a link to the original 1946 edition -

http://www.reluctant-messenger.com/yogananda/preface.htm

I would love to check out some further material on Kryia yoga, outside of the SFR thing.

Danny

I would love to check out some further material on Kryia yoga, outside of the SFR thing.

Danny

I'll have my secretary contact yours~~~

uhm, do you have a secretary?

kryia yoga!?!? surely you jest with me.

..."outside the SRF "thing"?"

whatever do you mean? have you found the ring on monster island?

ahhh the islands, like in the emerarld or baby and grand and maybe a little Cozimel?

Myrstry Island i hear is a good a stops & as well Treasure Island, & Pleasure, Pirate, Paradise & all other islands!!!!!! but "Monster Island!?!"

nah~~~ pick yas up after Gilligans Island.

but, iffn ya really have some good info, let me know. because i really don't have a secretary~~~

song

Edited by oneyedjackswild1 ps

quote:
I thought "Autobiography" was far better than anything on orientalisms produced by Pillai or VP. It's a very moving book. The first edition (1946) is preferable to the later editions done after the Yogi's death - the organization SRF re-edited and inserted itself into the autobiography to boast of their own importance, altering the Yogi's meaning.

Here's a link to the original 1946 edition -

Thanks Danny for the link. Kewl.

Ya kinda' threw me off balance when you chirped Babaji and a link.

Kryia yoga has a fascination its destination.

I do not promote SRF. Be rest assured of that.

BUT i do dig stuff like Kryia yoga, & Leonardo Di Vinnci, & Celtic music, and the depths of pureblack magic voodoo from Haiti (just kidding)~~~~

Ya know though oh invisible one, I do not know what this stuff has in common this thread "Interpretation of Tongues by John Lynn!"

Maybe a thread on Kriya, eastern beliefs, etc., would be more appropiate space utilised rather than sitting on this tail gate party.

what think you hollow eyes? still stroking your chin?

song

..."if ya ever go west, remember that you are traveling with the east... if you ever go south, remember that you traveling with the north... if ya find ya been traveling in circles... do what mice do..."...

author unknown

Edited by oneyedjackswild1 ps

quote:
Jeff USAF RET

GS Discoverer

posted October 29, 2004 22:57

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello and God bless you!

Since I was taught the wrong way to Speak in Tongues and Interpret in TWI, I thought you might enjoy this article by John Lynn. It sheds some new biblical light on the subject.

Here is a small promotional blurb we sent out to our mailing list.

now i suppose "we" have received a list from "blurb we"?

So good to get back to "Interpretation of Tongues by John Lynn"

Did ya know you can speak in tounges outloud even while burbing? whoops burPING

I Have!!!

Did you know that you can speak in tongues outloud while thinking other thoughts at the same time?

I Have!!!

That is because speaking in tongues by passes the senses.

Sure. It's like answeRING the phone, cook dinner, and having a bath at the same time! That is extraordinary!

SONGSTER

burp

quote:
dmiller

FiddlePicker

posted December 03, 2004 00:25

quote:

did ya know ya can speak in tounges out loud and be considered druken

------------------------------------------------

Sure did. Says so, right in Acts 2:13.

>>>

quote:
TheSongRemainsTheSame

Postaholic

posted December 02, 2004 23:22

did ya know ya can speak in tounges out loud and be considered druken, uhmm and all sorts of things in the upper room in the temple or sumthing like that and Judas kinda got fkd over!

Do ya thinks "and Judas kinda got fkd over?"

quote:
And dmiller, diminished 9ths are beyond the dexterity my fingers. The frets and fingers seem to have quite a conflict.

I hear you. icon_frown.gif:(--> Not-a-lot-a-fun gettin old (when you are a picker of music), but the same is happening on this end too. Dexterity is quickly becoming a thing of the past, and certain chords, and licks are becoming more formidable every day.

It was fun while it lasted! icon_cool.gif