GreaseSpot Cafe

The Star that Astonished the world 1st edition 1979

anyone ever heard of this guy ernest L. Martin. His book published, first edition, earlier than JCOPS seems to be where V.P.W. got his info from. Looking this book up mostly shows second edition 1991 but if you find 1st you can see it earlier than JCOPS. Anyway wondering if anyone read it?

Earnest Martin's book was called the Birth of Christ Recalculated ( My copy is SECOND EDITION Copyright 1980 IBSN 0-9605604-0-8). Later, the name of the book was changed to The Star That Astonished the World.

The original book (BOCR) was published by the Foundation For Biblical Research, Pasadena, California and Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, England (I have the book somewhere in my basement) and the author was Earnest Martin (who recently died in Portland, Oregon).

The Way got almost all of the scientific information and the date for the birth of Christ from Martin's book.

When Jesus Christ Our Promised Seed was published there was a footnote referencing The Birth Of Christ Recalculated. After obtaining a copy of the book, I was amazed at the amount of information from this book that was in JCOPS.

I was in The Way at this time when JCOPS was published and it was presented as if The Way biblical research department came up with the research for the Sept 11 date. Nothing could be further from the truth. The date and research was published way before The Way published JCOPS.

I have read the book The Birth Of Christ Recalculated and have a copy of The Star That Astonished The World (haven't read this one yet). The Birth of Christ Recalculated is a great book. The Way does have other information from the scriptures in JCOPS that is interesting.

If someone wants to obtain a good knowledge of this topic, I would suggest reading both The Birth Of Christ Recalculated (The Star That Astonished The World) and Jesus Christ Our Promised Seed.