GreaseSpot Cafe

" Defining a Cult"

sky4it

I recollect reading some years ago, a definition which I will paraphrase that said, the leader makes some supernatural claims to devine revelation unsubstantiated or confirmed by others. In this regard the teachings of VPW qualified for he claimed supernatural experience which was not collaberated.

To look at the converse, most of Pauls revelations ( excepting his conversion experience which was explained by Luke) where theological arguements supported by old testament literature.

Interesting that, it certainly would appear, revelation does not have to be (and never is in my view) supported by grandiose claims unsubstantiated, but rather by new outlooks and insightfulness into the scripture itself.

WWWWWHHHHOOAAAAAAA, it appears u just cant limit that " Word of God". Better to honor God by asking him for new reflections of his word, than to tell him by our doctrine what he meant and what he didn't.

If man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God, we must need a daily diet of it also. But the one stop shopping canned approach of TWI, was so concerned with rightly dividing the word of God, me thinks they left out the author. And who better to ask to inspire the daily food if questions abound than he that spoke it? Its an arguement TWI and other canned bible heads can never forestall, but a thing our Lord always demanded.

With respect to Jehovahs Witness's, Mormonism and other jilted arrows, the lines are skewed a little differently, but the technique (specially JW) are remarkably the same, with emphasis simply shifted on which scriptures are saluted with brasen tenacity but remarkably little grace.

For it is grace that saved us and grace in which the word of God must be understood, for he is full of grace. Grace is afterall, one of the hallmarks of the Holy Spirit.