GreaseSpot Cafe

Services

Raf

One Sunday morning, the pastor noticed little Alex was staring up at the large plaque that hung in the foyer of the church. It was covered with names, and small American flags were mounted on either side of it.

The seven year old had been staring at the plaque for some time, so the pastor walked up, stood beside the little boy, and said quietly, "Good morning, Alex."

"Good morning, Pastor," replied the young man, still focused on the plaque.

"Pastor, what is this?"

"Well, son, it's a memorial to all the young men and women who died in the service."

Soberly, they stood together, staring at the large plaque. Little Alex's voice was barely audible, trembling with fear, when he asked,

"Which service; the 9:45 or the 11:15?"

Steve! - Here's something socks recently posted over on "Mike's" "Masters" thread,

quote:
Mike, the earth does shake when you post. I feel it quite a bit, an actual trembling of the fabric of time and space. Sort of a rip in reality.

Your comment, "I thought it was just gas." gives a whole new dimension of meaning to socks' observation "Sort of a rip in reality" :-)

Love,

Steve

Then there was the little boy who couldn't go to church on Palm Sunday because he was sick. His parents came home with palm fronds, and the boy asked, "What are those?" They explained that the people laid down palm fronds when Jesus came into town. The boy said, "Wouldn't you know it! The one day I can't make it, and HE shows up!!!?