GreaseSpot Cafe

Very classy,Randy Moss

simonzelotes

Today,after Randy Moss' second touchdown reception against the Packers,he ran over to the goalpost,pretended to drop his drawers and shoot all the fans in Green Bay the moon...

It seems like people who score Td's keep trying to play Can You Top This? when it comes to their end zone 'celebrations'...Of course,the commentaters all said he should be fined heavily by the NFL for his actions..which I would agree...This is a highly paid professional athlete...It seems like only in professional sports can a person be dumber than dirt,arrogantly vulgar to those who pay him(the fans),make gobs of $$$,and still have job security(ever heard of a talented player being fired?)...

It's just showbiz. I'm comparing this to Ron Artest's 'act'. Moments before he got annointed with the cup, he was using a head set to make fun of Ben Wallace. So next year some clever Packer fan with an endzone seat should bring a tupperware sealed container with guess what in it. Then when Randy Moss is in that end zone even if he's the decoy receiver.....splash. Can you picture Randy Moss trying to climb in the stands and take on all those Packer fans?

I still like the way Dieon runs like a lippizan (sp) stallion when he returns a kickoff/punt/interception for a TD.

I missed it thankfully, too bad we arent in the old days when a veteran linebacker would have 'explained' to him that that type of behaviour was unacceptable the next time he was on the field. Showboating used to be for numbskulls or people looking for a quick exit from the league--well in truth its still for numbskulls, I only wish there were more Ray Nietshke's and Dick Butkus's around for educational purposes.

I hate to seem like an old coot that just long's for the old days,but geez,the opponent's fans are supposed to hate your guts and razz you the whole game....That's what they pay good money for....What could GB's fans have done to bring that about?

It's just another example of the punks taking over the game who wouldn't know accountability if it bit 'em in the as s...

quote:
Originally posted by Pirate1974:

Apparently, its a tradition in Green Bay for the cheeseheads to actually moon the opposing team's bus as it leaves Lambeau Field. Supposedly that's what prompted Moss' version of "shake your booty" on Sunday.

Doesn't make it any less classless.

Pirate -- you are right. The more (ahem, cough!) *well-lubricated* fans out in the parking lot actually do moon the departing bus.

While I'm not defending Moss, he was just giving them a "back-atcha". I think that it was his walking off the field several seconds early the previous week that helped in folks willing to attribute extra blame to him.

He is a cocky *********, that I would not want on my team, but in this case he was just giving the Packer fans the same fare they dish out to opposing teams as they leave Lambeau.