GreaseSpot Cafe

Marching to Madness

skyrider

Every year, twi conducts Staff & Corps Placement Meetings in March. Along with the board of directors and emeritus....the president's cabinet members, region coordinator couples, and a few designated staffers attend this meetings.

Of course, rosie will give her generic overview of ministry status and direction......BUT a bulk of the meetings are allocated to discussing field corps leaders, assignments and any problems that may be arising. Through the years, what I've learned about these meetings is that it's a time of pampering the region guys mostly and some political manuevering.

At these meetings, the region guys get their MARCHING ORDERS.

At these meetings, the region guys jockey for position and job security. Lots of back-patting goes on......BUT it's also a time for the BOD and twi-lifers to eyeball the region couples. If there is any chink in their armour, then this will be noted for future reference. After all, the region guys are the top sales directors in their specific regions.

As the corps numbers diminish........the power and control of region coordinators DIMINISH. As corps grow older and forfeit their nametagged-responsibilities.......region men scramble to recruit others to go inresidence. And then, that region is "awarded" other corps or compensation for recruiting new blood for the corps commitment.

Years ago......from what I saw, the regions that "carried the big clubs" were heralded out of Florida, Ohio, Texas, New York, Michigan, and California. Today, it might be very different ........ I know that lots of corps have exited in the past 8 years. And, when corps exit twi....... THE REGION GUY HAS TO DO DAMAGE CONTROL AND HE DOES NOT LIKE THAT!

Besides, less corps in a region means LESS CLOUT at these annual meetings!!!

There is a pecking order even at these meetings. Moneyhands doesn't just stay in Florida because he likes the wonderful sunshine!! icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

As these meeting close out......one of the region guys is selected to teach at the Sunday service as the emcee gives his report. And, another "State of the Ministry Address" is pawned off as a prevailing success.

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Makes me wonder.. do they subject these guys to the same kind of idiocy that they subject the rest of "da household" to?

Does ole Rosie, after blowing her nose and crying her lil eyes out the eighteenth time, say, "now boys, we is da prevailing household of da best of da best.. we knows that we is da best, and all the rest are piles of crap. Go out and win one for da old Gippress".

Next comes the "confrontation" sessions, how CERTAIN (and believe me, they are named) region personel failed to walk in "love" because they somehow did not follow through on some arcane protocol, older than Moses.

Anybody in the know.. is this how it really goes? Or are they more brutally honest, and will admit that there are a few "problems"?

Do they actually have a few speeches without "prevailing" "household" or some other such nonsense mixed in? Or do they perhaps get a real glimpse of Rosie without the stupid smile and makeup?

Makes me wonder if they really buy into their own B.S. on this kind of "leadership" level.

Wouldn't suprise me if they did. Have to live with yourself somehow, I guess.

quote:
I guess the short of it, what is the flavor of the meeting? Just makes me wonder if they relax for a few minutes, and forego all of the way double speak.

Hammer.......I seriously doubt that they REALIZE the way double speak that's tossed around the room. Waybrain is so tightly wrapped around their craniums that they can't get a thought in edgewise!!

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

It amazes me that grown men and women, some of them probably in their 50's by now, still allow TWI to determine where they live and what foot-ignment they will undertake.

I have come the conclusion that some of these men are not real men in my opinion in the sense that they are afraid to face the world on their own. They are under some serious delusions which I believe lead to a boring and substandard life. I believe there will one day be lifelong regrets.

In thinking back in retrospect, I remember that a lot of these men and women did not seem genuinely happy. It appeared to me that no real joy seemed to be there.

What a way to live life!

quote:
It amazes me that grown men and women, some of them probably in their 50's by now, still allow TWI to determine where they live and what foot-ignment they will undertake.

I don't know, JR. To be fair, there are plenty of grown men and women in their 50s who are willing to allow corporate America to dictate where they'll live. They move to keep their jobs. Probably the same with career Wayworld employees.

Oh, and concerning "Mark and Avoid", they aren't officially doing much of that anymore from what I've heard. Rampant attrition has caught up with them and they are desperately trying to repair their terribly damaged public image. icon_razz.gif:P-->

quote:
Oh, and concerning "Mark and Avoid", they aren't officially doing much of that anymore from what I've heard. Rampant attrition has caught up with them and they are desperately trying to repair their terribly damaged public image.

CC.....the "official" position (public release statement) states that they no longer mark & avoid...... BUT in reality, it is alive and well. Besides, whenever the BOD slanders and labels corps and others as "pozzezzed"..... a 20-year "friendship" is severed instantly!!! From what I now know, MANY since 1990 have been unjustifiably labeled.....to buffer lcm's sex exploits.

And, in reference to "their terribly damaged public image"........well, if you're talking about internet exposure and their perceived in-house image, then YES they know it's taken huge hits. Besides, MONEY and CONTROL are at stake. I just heard a few days ago of more innies EXITING TWI.

It's really challenging to proclaim superior status when the numbers keep shrinking!!!!

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

So, how do they jockey for positions? Do they oh so subtly remind everyone how many people they had sign up for WD, WC and the AC as well as registrants for the AC special? Do they just tell RFR what a cute couple she and DM make? Do they just remind her of how much dirt they have on her?

I wonder if the Moneyhands would like to be closer to their son and grandchildren, but don't say anything because that would mean living close to RFR and that might not be so special. Also, they probably wouldn't be able to live the lavish lifestyle they're used to up there where it snows. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Do they talk about wc who have strongly campaigned to become lc's or rc's? I know one couple has been campaigning for years to be full time staff because they have a hard time making ends meet and have kids who will be hitting college age soon. Which is probably the number one reason they will NOT become full time staff, at least not till the kids are out on their own.

quote:
Which is probably the number one reason they will NOT become full time staff, at least not till the kids are out on their own.

Belle......yeah, the EXPENSE OF RAISING KIDS is a major factor that plays into decision making, placements and those on the payroll.

All kinds of examples of region coordinators and leaders come to mind:

1) Brxd Thxrpx and wife....with several (4 ??) kids......Northeastern Region coordinators (early 1990s) ---> HQ Staffers (1994-1999 ??) ---> Dayton Branch coord. ---> bought home and have left twi (or so I've heard)

2) Dexn Sxxler and wife....with one child.......Region coord. in Colorado (early 1990s) ---> HQ Staff where Dean was on president's cabinet (1997-2000 ??) ----> left staff and exited twi !!

3) Michexl Fxrt and wife....with several (3 ??) kids....Emporia Corps coordinators (late 80s--early 90s) ---> HQ Staff Trunk Office (1993-1996 ??) ---> slandered on corps mtg and demoted to Limb coord in Indiana ---> No longer on twi's payroll

THERE ARE PLENTY MORE EXAMPLES......but the pattern is.....to bring corps leaders into hq.....and then whittle away their responsibilities or demote them......either they get frustrated by the hypocrisy or jumping hoops or whatever.......THEN SPIN THE STORY and say that they "lost their salt" or became "worldly"....as they're shoved to the side.

It happens over and over and over again.

Even John Reynolds was busted back from Trustee to working in the purchasing department. Many speculate that Rosie and John couldn't work together....whatever that entails.........hahahaha

There is NO job security in twi. NONE.

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

I wonder if that's why the Horneys were brought to HQ and how much longer they'll last. They were used to having their feet kissed and butts licked at Gunnison and we know that they agreed wholeheartedly with craig's definitions of sex and why it was okay for him to commit adultery, even with Mrs. Horney.

It will be interesting to see what the placements are this year.

Belle,

Add to that list.....the Pxnarellxs. They were Region coordinators in Ohio ---> HQ Staff Trunk Office ---> left staff and exited twi.

Add.....the Lxllys. They were Northwest Region coordinators ---> HQ Staff Trunk Offices (taking over Fort's dismissal) ---> Region coordinators in Texas ---> requested a Branch position in Texas ---> LEFT TWI IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT.

HOW MANY RED FLAGS DOES IT TAKE???

I'd say poor suckers, but they are just already so used to it.. week long attendance at the taping of an infomercial would be more uplifting.

But they get to practice smiling- gonna eat crap, may as well do it with a smile on your face.

I didn't realize that pattern, sky, but you're absolutely right! I wish we could put together a "Where are they now?" segment to follow up on these people. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

The Mosquitos followed the same pattern, didn't they? We know they're doing well.

I wonder how many field staffers are shaking in their boots as they march to hq this month.

quote:
I didn't realize that pattern, sky, but you're absolutely right! I wish we could put together a "Where are they now?" segment to follow up on these people.

Yeah, there IS a distinct pattern!

Region Coord --> HQ Staff (top position) ---> Busted back to field (branch ?) OR exit twi !!!

This pattern has happened over and over and over again. I tend to think that after one reaches the region coordinator status, there really is NO PLACE "HIGHER" to go...... cause the BOD isn't going to move over and give up their job.....no way! icon_eek.gif

Seems that Region couples don't adjust too well if they go on staff at hq.......either the close-knit circles keep them hedged out OR the confining environment at hq is just too much to stomach. Rarily, does the region guy adjust to grunt work and seeing where he fits in the structure of things. That's my opinion, of course. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Besides, the region guys seem to be stuck in "field mode" for years and years...... and the endless cycle of recruiting others, scream sessions, cover-your-butt antics, etc. must get really, really old.

Notice.....staffers like the Coultxrs, Fredxricks, Maxsxnx, etc....have a "corporate position" and are not subjected to sales, recruitment, classes, quotas, etc. like Region guys are. It seems that these people will NEVER LEAVE THEIR JOBS AT HQ.

And yes, Belle......Mxsquedas were pretty much the same Region Coord pattern except that they were Gunnison Corps coordinators prior to splitting out!!!

quote:
Yeah, there IS a distinct pattern!

Region Coord --> HQ Staff (top position) ---> Busted back to field (branch ?) OR exit twi !!!

This pattern has happened over and over and over again.

Another MAJOR reason....

When a Region guy is brought in to a hq staff position for say, two or three years........THEN the loyalty of people from that region is distanced. Therefore, if and when that region couple LEAVES.....they have far less OPPORTUNITY to take the whole region with them!!!

It severes the loyalty and relationships. And, the spin of why they left begins!!

Placement Meetings......TOO MANY CHIEFS and not enough Indians.

Imagine being the corps coordinators in the room.....and talking about "training" 5 people. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Imagine being a region guy.......and talking about some states with NO fellowships at all.

Imagine how the BOD tries to formulate more plans for new corps recruits amidst all the internet exposure in the past 6 years!!!!

The twi hype is at an all-time LOW. icon_eek.gif