GreaseSpot Cafe

Why I reject underwear

Doug

quote:
Originally posted by The Girl From Oz:

I like boxers on men. The silky smooth ones I like best.

I also like the ones that are close to the skin, sort of like an elongated brief that goes down the leg slightly.

Personally I like to wear satin and lace undies.

(omgIcan'tbelieveIjustsaidthatinpublic icon_eek.gif)

You're speaking of 'boxer breifs'. I have some of those silky smooth boxers. Those would be called silk, btw.

LH

Girl From Oz:

"I also like the ones that are close to the skin, sort of like an elongated brief that goes down the leg slightly."

Mormon men wear those things.

"Personally I like to wear satin and lace undies."

Ooh OOoh my goodness, am I going to have dreams tonight.

Trefor Heywood:

"Boxers are merely decorative and have no visible means of support. They cannot even prevent a "breakout"..."

While wearing some types of Naval Dress uniforms those are the required underwear. The "Tropical Whites" tend to become rather see-thru when back-lighted. Recently the contractor that supplies them has sewn silk boxers into the pants. There have been a few incidences where high ranking Naval officers have been up on a podium giving a speech, as the sun started to set behind him, and thousands of sailors and spectators had full view of the speaker's assets.

Afterall when stationed in tropical areas it tends to get HOT so nobody wears more than they have to, and what you do wear gets matted down and soaking wet from sweat.

Besides do we really need support?

I understand that women may need support (generally when men are not watching them), as they dont want to droop more then needed. but it has been my impression that many men WANT to droop more. In factr from the spam I get, marketing is targeting on the idea that some men, some where do want to have longer droop capability.

Is something going somewhere?

I do understand for jogging, or some forms of exercise. Under-water we always called it "Free-balling", and . . . . never mind.

Galen:

Thanks for the explanation of "naval necessities" - no doubt there are indeed occasions that require thought and preparation based upon experience.

But for the rest of us such a situation is unlikely to arise (no pun intended).

To the question of support - it is a matter of personal preference and for me at least boxers don't cut it - if I want to droop then why bother wearing anything at all? icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

The other point I made regarding escape still stands - unless there is a button holding the fly closed...

Interestingly regarding Mormon male underwear - it is regulation white for all members of the Church who have been through the Temple but is allowed to be khaki for members of the military.

Not to sound ignorant but do men have the same problem as women when it comes to age and gravity. I mean icon_confused.gif:confused:--> I suspect the when wearing boxers thing just go south. But over time does this create a problem with the male species? Does this make what was a certain size at 21y/o a different reality at 60? And if this is true, doesn't a 60y/o have better bragging right than a 21y/o?

Enquiring minds want to know. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Paw if this is too questionable, by all means remove it.

imbus: Not as much as you'd think. Breasts and fatty tissues are heavy, so they will tend to sag as the skin loses its elasticity. A man's genitalia, all jokes aside, aren't all that heavy in comparison, and since they're covered by the same skin, what might not be firm enough anymore to hold up a sagging butt can still manage to hold the shape of less-massive organs.

The "bragging rights" thing is relative, too. There is no standard relationship between the size when soft and size when erect. In other words, one fellow's might be 5" when soft, but only grow to be 5.5" when erect. Another might be 3" when soft, but 7" when erect. The first guy might be ahead in the locker room, but it's the second guy's wife who really comes out ahead on the deal. It has to do with different men having different levels of elasticity in the erectile tissues.

Does that help?