GreaseSpot Cafe

Don't ya just wanna join this church

Abigail

Mark,

The only thing done to the photo was resizing for posting. We were on our way back from a Pinewood Derby and the sign caught my eye. Not because it was for a church, but because I'm one of those damn people who has to proof everything I read.

Another thing I find odd is, the lunatic fringe of the religious right tends to be SUPER PATRIOTS. The AK-47 is a Russian made gun. Guess they don't care where their metaphors come from as long as it suits their purpose. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

ThousandScreenNames:

Thanks for the info. Let's see if I can piece this together then. We have at least one Baptist church in our country that believes in tithing and that Jesus likes to shoot people. Not necessarily in that order. They probably think that in order to convert people you should threaten them, perhaps with financial catastrophe and that people in foreign lands that don't accept Jesus should be exterminated (murdered) to further their version of the gospel. Does anyone else see the similarity to the Spanish Inquisition, circa 16th century America? One question though. Have they or any of their congregation shot any of the locals yet?

When did the religious right lose sight of Jesus' words "love your enemies"? Or have they always blown off verses of this spirit?

Edited by Mark Sanguinetti