GreaseSpot Cafe

Can anybody help me find...Looking for a movie

jezusfreaky

The movie ''Mame''? Not the Lucille Ball version, I already have that one. I want the Rosalind Russell one. I found it on DVD, but it's 40 bucks!! icon_eek.gif I would be forever grateful, it's one of my holiday favorites! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Speaking of which, which are your favorite holiday movies???

Ahhhhhhhhhhh...I can smell the hot coco and popcorn. Light a fire, snuggle your huny and get in the holiday spirit!

Love y'all,

-Colleen

GO VOLS!!

''...show a little faith, there's magic in the night, you ain't a beauty, but hey, you're alright, oh, and that's alright with me...''

-Bruce Springsteen

[This message was edited by Kit Sober on February 29, 2004 at 21:37.]

Well, you could tape it next time it's on tv if you can't find it anywhere...although a phone call to a video store might produce a copy...hmmmm...Forrest Tucker with Rosalind!!!!

I was very young when I saw Ann Miller play Auntie 'MAME' on Broadway...it is one of my all time fav's too!

Good luck..if I come across one way out here ~ I'll let you know!

xo

if it's in your area

are the cool 'used' tape, book, cd, dvd, even album ~ exchanges...you can buy or trade.

Hey, if anyone is looking for a cool hobby or new small business venture...while you won't get rich (unless someone's trading in some rare first editions or such)...this could be a pleasurable experience for a part-timer...your overhead isn't much, a garage or renting part (such and such sq. ft.) of a shoppe and other than a good filing system, a computer, a few shelves (do it yourself types)...you could get busy...put in some ads in the free penny savers or send out flyers...word gets around quick...and you'll have a hands on hobby ~

anyway, sorry for the choo-choo

I love that version of Mame too! My other favorites are;

A Christmas Story...You'll shoot your eye out!

Christmas Vacation...Humans, cats, dogs, squirels running amuck.

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles...laugh til you cry or pee your pants.

And then there's the ever sappy, It's A Wonderful Life....it's good for my Pollyanna side.

It's a wonderful life -- my favorite still.

There is some Holy Spirit stuff in there that's a delight -- harmonic symphony of action (like when violet is crossing the street and the whole world turns to watch). I see new stuff each time I see it.

It was the first (and maybe only?) movie where the bad guy is shown to be really bad and receives no judgement.

The good is so good, and that's enough. No bitterness in this movie and some good life-lessons.

There was a movie I saw and thought, "A modern day It's a Wonderful Life," but I forgot which movie it was.

icon_smile.gif:)-->," God

Kit...(wonderful Kit icon_smile.gif:)--> )

Perhaps it was ''Family Man'' with Nicolas Cage??

It kinda has the same premise, and a good movie too, I think.

Love y'all,

-Colleen

GO VOLS!!

''...show a little faith, there's magic in the night, you ain't a beauty, but hey, you're alright, oh, and that's alright with me...''

-Bruce Springsteen