GreaseSpot Cafe

HowMuchOfYourBody DoYouNeedToCutOff ForYourMomToComeToYour AidInsteadOfGoingToDaClass

lindyhopper

Lindy,

I know *exactly* how you feel. Not physically with the missing chunk of finger, but with your parents not coming to your aid or missing something important for TWI. Crap like that is why I do believe that TWI brainwashes people.

If you must know, both of my parents drove by me when I had a car accident once...I forget if they were on their way to a class or just a fellowship, but I was there on the side of the road with the car that rear ended me, and a cop car behind us. The car I used to drive is really unique, to a point where I won't describe it here because if any WayGB want to find out who I am, that would be an easy way to do it.

Anyway, I see my parents drive by me, just slowing down enough to look before speeding on to their TWI destination like good little waybots. Afterwards I asked my mom why they didn't stop, and she made up a lame excuse about how they thought I was getting a ticket or something. Nevermind the fact that there was another car between mine and the cop's car, and that the other car was totalled.

So, I know how you feel. If someone is in TWI, then they are completely unreliable. Their dedication to family is about the least amount that is humanly possible. It's not really their fault though. They got suckered into an organization that prays on people and destroys families.

Lindy,

My parents had a kid in the way but I've never had a parent in. It must be awful. Probably worse than them being dead. At least then they wouldn't continue to hurt you. I don't know how you'd do this but if at some emotional level you could grieve like they died and not expect them to be there for you anymore then all your surprises would be pleasant ones.

Just remember this is not about you. You did nothing wrong.

My ex-wife has a condition that prevents her from experiencing the normal emotions that people have. Thus she does some very painful things to the kids. As they've grown and I've been able to explain it to them, I've said that if she had a physical disability (like blindness) they might be more sad than angry at the things she couldn't do for them. If they can see her problem in a similar light, perhaps they will feel sad as well as angry. Sadness is less corrosive.

The way is very different from when I was involved. I have to believe that anyone who's still there has a lot of inappropriate emotional reactions, and may have conditions that make it impossible for them to be otherwise. If you learn about them, perhaps some of your anger can mutate to sadness.

As for the accident - I'm so sorry. Sounds like you're getting medical attention. It's worth it to seek attention from someone who specializes in what you need. Go for the best at times like this. It does make a difference.

I chat on a couple of woodworker forums. Hope you have some like that for support and fellowship. They are real good about making me feel I'm not alone when I make dumb mistakes.

Lindy --

Since you're out of the protection of the household you should know that "accidents" are bound to happen. Had you been in allignment and harmony with the will of God and not left the ministry that taught you the Word, then God would have been able to stay the hand of the adversary. You were the conduit of the adversary for distracting your mother from the Word that she needed to hear - afterall the second front of the adversary is other people - YOU!

Nevermind car accidents or cutting off your finger - how many people do you know who never went home to visit a sick or dying loved one? How about attending funerals of close relatives?

There's too damn many of these stories - I know of plenty! There's something like this going on right now that Shellon talks about on her thread about being a new grandmother, as her deceased husband's family is 'innies' but aren't exactly welcoming the new baby because Shellon, her daughter, etc., are not 'innies' too. How sad is that?

Look at it this way Lindy, if you weren’t out of the Household you would be now because you showed weakness and screwed up!

Personally if I were still in I would cut classes for an adult child stubbing their toe! Those classes really sucked the first and second time through, I am sure they have only gotten worse. Think about it, possibly one or two actual new people and some poor innocent innie children that just happened to turn 12 on their last birthday and parents that have had to sat through the stupid thing several times!

I don’t think you could cut off enough to make the faithful miss that! confused.gif

Lindy,

By the read here on this thread...it seems you have to lose a few appendages before making any heads turn in TWI.

Maybe you just have to try harder next time...WHERE WAS YOUR COMMITMENT!!! DONCHA' KNOW YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO STOP 'TIL YA HEAR GLASS BOY! icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

Reminds of that famous scene in the Monty Python movie...In Search of the Holy Grail where that guy keeps getting more and more body parts chopped off. Whole arms and legs are being sliced off. The one fighting him says...I can't go on...you're bleeding...you've obviously lost. I just chopped your arm off!"

"Nah...it's just a flesh wound!"

I hope this brings a chuckle to your day. I know you might still be sensitive to your situation still. I hope I haven't offended.

(((Lindy)))

OK Tom, that just made me feell wierd all over.

kidding.

Actually it seems to be doing pretty well. My referal didn't make it to the hand doctor in time so I'll see him Friday.

I love the win - win situation some folks have...

"How is your finger doing?"

-"good, it is healing up pretty quickly"

"good, because we've been praying for it"

Ohhhhhhh. It is healing up because it has been prayed for. Of course if it wasn't doing well that would have been my fault for not being in da ministry or doing something else wrong. But it is doing fine and has nothing to do with the fact that I went to the DR right away or the fact that I have been keeping it well cleaned and dressed and protected.

but I guess I'm talking to the wrong folks about that.