GreaseSpot Cafe

Explaining the Paranormal

quote:
QUOTE]Quote of Lindy:

What is interesting is how you ask the question as if I should be able to come up with an answer, as if not being able to puts me at some sort of disadvantage. Unexpainable seems to equate spiritual and/or God, not just ignorance.

That was not my intention in asking the question. I used to believe the paranormal was done through devil possession. Now I am not so sure and asking for other possible explanations.

STL,

Devil possession or devil spirit possession or Linda Blaire and other possible explanations have been going on for as long as oral and written history.

I just arrived here in 1954. That's easily explained. But have ya ever seen a human fetus in the womb?

Well, unless ya have the proper equipment, a human fetus in the womb seems to be suspended in space, stars all around. The stars are actually salt crystals.

I know I don't make a whole lotta sence, since people tell me that here from time to time, but what I would like to know from anyone the difference between beeing able to float on top a body of water and but yet not be able to walk on that surface.

And remember a bumble bee does not know it can't fly and it certainly ain't possessed by bumble beevil spirits. Maybee just a little bit too much pollen buzz buzz buzz the thots man

Rok On

icon_cool.gif

professionals surf. observers drive boats. and then there are those who can walk on the water.

author unknown

Stayed too long,

Well, I'm back from Japan (I think you say that something like "Uchi ni haerimasu").

If you're honestly trying to find answers for how these apparently spooky things happen, you might try perusing this site: http://skepdic.com/

It's really a wealth of information. The "ideomotor effect" is pretty well covered as well as numerous "devilish" activities that we all learned about in WayWorld. "psychic surgery" and the like.

It really boils down to a pretty simple concept. Do you believe in the Laws of Physics or not? If there really are such things as physical laws then there's got to be a physical explanation for those supposed paranormal happenings. And certainly for anything I've experienced, or even seen on T.V. or the like, the explanation is usually quite simple.

quote:
Originally posted by George Aar:

Stayed too long,

Well, I'm back from Japan (I think you say that something like "Uchi ni haerimasu").

If you're honestly trying to find answers for how these apparently spooky things happen, you might try perusing this site: http://skepdic.com/

It's really a wealth of information. The "ideomotor effect" is pretty well covered as well as numerous "devilish" activities that we all learned about in WayWorld. "psychic surgery" and the like.

It really boils down to a pretty simple concept. Do you believe in the Laws of Physics or not? If there really are such things as physical laws then there's got to be a physical explanation for those supposed paranormal happenings. And certainly for anything I've experienced, or even seen on T.V. or the like, the explanation is usually quite simple.

But not always, and that's the rub.

Nobody was touching the flower either. Of course, nobody else saw it doing its little song and dance..

I think I felt like the looney tunes guy who saw a hundred year old frog get up and do the boogey..

"paranormal", heh heh.

I was probably "almost" in a legal condition at the time..

Def, does that count close enough to "para legal" for you? Heh heh.

quote:
def59

quote:

Originally posted by George Aar:

Stayed too long,

But not always, and that's the rub.

True true.

What can ya say about the third dimension? Those that live in it write about it and all that third dimensional type of thing that involve Laws of Physics 3 D style.

Now we got the 3 D gig happening. If we can get a grip on that, maybe we can graduate 2 4.

All I want to know is how to walk on the water.

Literallly!!! I mean just really start from the sand and onto the water with feet only.

maybe that will shake the world eh