GreaseSpot Cafe

Happy 230th Birthday

Zshot

As our Army celebrates its 230th birthday this month, we pause to reflect on the selfless service and sacrifice of generations of Soldiers, civilian employees, and their families, all of whom epitomize the tenets of the Warrior Ethos:

I will always place the mission first

I will never accept defeat

I will never quit

I will never leave a fallen comrade

The Warrior Ethos is the common thread that has tied us all together throughout 230 years of service to our Nation. Since 1775, American Soldiers have answered the call to duty. From Valley Forge to the battlefields of Gettysburg, the Argonne Forest, and the shores of Normandy; from the rice paddies of Korea and Vietnam to the mountains of Afghanistan and the streets of Baghdad, our military history is rich with the willingness of generation after generation to live by the Warrior Ethos.

Soldiers serving the Nation today embody the Warrior Ethos. It is central to all that we do and all that we are. It is everything we stand for as Soldiers, Army civilians, and family members. It applies in the broadest sense, not just while in uniform and not just while in service to our country, but throughout our personal and professional lives. When we understand and live by the Warrior Ethos, it makes us better husbands and wives, better parents, better daughters and sons, and better citizens. When Soldiers--the centerpiece of our Army--and the civilian employees and family members who serve right along side them live by the Warrior Ethos, it gives us strength to maintain our commitment to freedom and to our way of life.

America's sons and daughters who are answering the call to duty are engaged in the noblest work of life, protecting our Nation and enabling others to live free. To our Soldiers around the world, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your families on this 230th Army birthday. We are proud of you and to serve with you. The Army and the Nation are grateful for your service and sacrifice. Thank you for answering the call to duty.

Sincerely,

Peter J. Schoomaker

General, United States Army

Chief of Staff

Francis J. Harvey

Secretary of the Army

quote:
America's sons and daughters who are answering the call to duty are engaged in the noblest work of life, protecting our Nation and enabling others to live free. To our Soldiers around the world, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your families on this 230th Army birthday.

Indeed!! icon_smile.gif:)--> Thank you for answering the call to duty!!