GreaseSpot Cafe

Current Way Corps

Belle

I was "in" during the nineties JL, although never Way Corps, and there was a lot of that thinking that you describe. People who couldn't coordinate the toilet paper to their butts were suddenly Limb Coordinators.

I believe that there were also some who, although they weren't part of the "evil", couldn't bring themselves to believe that their beloved ministry was falling apart, or who wanted to remain behind to try to fix things. Some of those folks post here.

There is a tendency at times to believe that the exact time that you left was the exact perfect time to get out, with a disdain for those who left before and a judgement of complicity on those who left afterwards. (Yes, I know, I'm generalizing!)

But in general your observations are on the mark from what I saw.

I believe that a lot of people are still there for reasons stated but I also believe that some people have not left because of fear of not having the hedge of protection around them. Fear that something awful is going to happen.

When I left years ago I knew that it was the right thing to do but deep inside I was terribly afraid that something terrible was going to happen to my family or me.

Even though deep in my heart I knew that twi was wrong all that I believed that was taught still was ingrained in me.

I agree Vickles, they really use fear as a method of keeping people in check. I once saw a current way persons icon for instant messenger lite, which meant she was online. I IMed her and she just signed off because she knew I was no longer going to fellowship.

I once confronted a way minister because he was non-supportive when my parent died and I was in his town. He said " if you needed help all you had to do is call". I told him I had called three times and he never returned my call. He then proceeded to threaten me with being at deaths door with that attitude. So leaving the ministry is subtly and openly taught as leaving your hedge of protection. If you can't keep them with your teachings keep them with fear. That's the WAY to do it. Pun intended.

Yeah, I too remember that feeling of possible impending doom for leaving. We were kicked out, but we also knew that if we weren't kicked out, we would have to leave anyway because we knew it all went to the dogs so badly.

But as far as how to deal with the fear of some tragedy striking my wife, two young children and I, well, we just decided that things like the "over 900 promises from God" found in His Word would simply have to sustain us. That God would simply keep those promises because we knew that He was bigger than The Way. But, it was scary for sure.

But as we got out into the sunlight like a family of unearthed moles holding hands on a fine summer morning, blinking and wondering, we began to see that we would be okay. And of course, it has been very okay.

One of the things I remember Dr Wierwille saying, which actually helped us to relax about leaving was this. He said (at one time or another), "that if the whole ministry ever fell apart, you kids would still have the Word, and your twigs would be woven into the grass roots of society, never to be torn out because the Word of God is that great".

Now that was a paraphrase of what he said, but, it worked for us, and even though we do not run a fellowship anymore, we have found that God and His Word are still as reliable as ever, and for that we are thankful. But yeah, it was scary at first.

And for any of you Innies reading this, all I can say is; "Try it, you'll like it!" For God will always watch over you if you simply trust Him...

Hello all...been a while

Read the last pages here, & after having run into some wayfers in the last 90 days, I can't argue with any of the reasons people have named here.

It's almost tragic, the ones who cling to the "no where else to get the Word" lie.

One other reason I didn't see was those who are just too pig headed to see that the S.S Way has indeed sunk & continue to be the stubborn, prideful, sorry *******s we knew when we were in. But, as the Mrs. sez, "That's on them; we've moved on."

So, Ha*ve actually posted on the evil Internet...so that explains the snowfall here...