GreaseSpot Cafe

Rome City Campus

Rejoice

Here's a copy of my post from that other thread:

This thread made me curious about what the new owners did with the place... for so long they didn't seem to be doing anything with it.

But apparently for the past two years it has been host to sports camps... soccer and baseball. Looks like they have turned the farmed areas into playing fields, but changed little else. The rooms actually look pretty decent... wonder if they've installed more bathrooms?

http://www.bluechipusa.net/index2.html

Don't know anything about Tinnie... I've never been there... but I've been to visit Emporia a few times... the campus looks "mostly" the same: The Chapel,Uncle Harry Hall, Wierwille Library, Kenyon Hall, Anderson Library and "whatever the heck we called the main building that we ate in"... are all still there.

Kipp Hall and Emporia Hall are gone. The curved driveway is blocked off on that end, but still open on the Uncle Harry side. In the middle of the grounds (between the chapel and Kenyon) is a "U" of buildings... supervised housing or something. Behind the main row of buildings, the gymn and track are gone. There is parking behind the building I can't remember the name of, and a row of houses were built to face the street along the back forty. So when you face the back of the campus, you look into a bunch of back yards.

I have pictures from my last trip "somewhere". I will try to hunt them down and post them.

Part of Wierwille Library and all of the no-name blgd. are used for a phone-bank company, the chapel and Uncle Harry are used for a Daycare. Kenyon is being used by some CHURCH. (lol... loved that one) And the rest of Wierwille Library is being used by an Educational group that doles out Teaching Awards nationally every year.

(sorry, most of the names escape me, although I have them written down somewhere)

Oh, and I believe Anderson Library was taken over by Emporia State, as an historical building and you can go inside during their regular hours.