GreaseSpot Cafe

Shall we call it by a name?

GrouchoMarxJr

"Shall we call it a name?" "Frankenstein" might be a good one - HA! If we build it, then it is our job to make it live and to keep it alive.

Along the lines of what Imbus said, society consciousness - on a world basis – is barely above pure self-centeredness. There are low forces (shame, fear, etc.) and there are higher forces (love, oneness, etc.).

The precept is simple in all religions – the thought for thought, or feeling for feeling - lower forces have less power than higher forces. All religions teach something along the lines of love casts out fear. This is why 1 can put to flight 10,000. Because it is about Power VS Force. – Which by the way is a title of a good book on this topic.

The sharpest division in Christianity today is over the nature of Christ. Is he really the only way to Heaven?

Do the scriptures really condemn certain lifestyles, and if they do, should we continue to listen to them in light of advances in science?

Excellant posts...thought provoking.

It seems that what passes for Christianity today, in our country has little resemblance to anything that I see in the bible...the "gospel" that IS taught is often simply an "obligatory front" for the REAL agenda that is going on in the political, egotistical, and oftentimes ritualistic organization...again, money is usually a major consideration.

The Christianity that I see in the bible is based on the individual and their faith (or lack thereof)...with an emphasis on a private and personal relationship with God and then, having that fruit of the sprit in your life...

Sure, they met in groups...but it was NOTHING at all like Wierwille taught with his mutated and twisted "waytree"...For sure there are spiritually minded people within the church system...but I think it's in spite of the system, not because of it.

...And I want to add that I'm sure there are small, independant churches, out in the country maybe, with a pure hearted pastor and a sweet fellowship of decent Christian folks, who love each other and watch out for each other...and that's a wonderful thing...but I think that there are plenty of big money churches and denominations that are very politically minded, ego driven, money makin', self righteous hypocrites out there...especially on TV.

The Europeans already think that we're buffoons...I hope they don't catch wind of Benny Hinn and his pals on American TV...they'd laugh themselves to death.

• 2 weeks later...

"Hmmm, Lorna, could division also be caused by...differences of opinion?"

Sorry we were on vacation. Sure division could be caused by differences of opinion? However; I know we can have differences of opinion without division. Sometimes we just have to let it go. I don't think we have to agree on everything, I belive every Christian has to walk his walk with God in a very personal way & when and where we can help each other we do. I don't believe we need titles or religious covers to function actively within The Body of Christ.

I believe (and it's my opinion) that I have a responsibility to God to live each day to the fullest regardless of problems that come up and believe Him to bring victory in every situation which He does. I also believe it is my responsibility to help any other Christian believer who needs and wants it to the best of my ability.

Division (I believe) comes within the renewed mind catagory. Our little kids screw up, we don't just cast them out and divide our family, so we need the same tolorance of each other. We really are in a screwed up world and it sucks.