GreaseSpot Cafe

The Lemonade Stand

laleo

As one who enjoys conflict resolution, I must say laleo and others have done a fabulous job.

As a survivor of the cult, I'm not afraid of conflict. Lemonade tastes much sweeter when you've had to work really hard to pick those lemons, store them, and find just the right time to squeeze them, before they get too ripe. Add just the right amount of sugar, not too much, and voila! heaven on earth. icon_smile.gif:)-->

It tastes really good to be sitting back enjoying something that tasted really sour to start with. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
Originally posted by templelady:

Thanks to TWI's habit of calling on you to pray, SIT, teach at the drop of a feather. I got over my fear of public speaking. I actually enjoy speaking, teaching, etc even to a groupf strangers.

Of course when one buys lemonade there is a price to pay and I know I was way overcharged!!!

templelady: Despite the fact that I was quoted out of context on your thread, I know you know that I have nothing but disgust for the filth who aided in the ruin of your family, and nothing but admiration for you for having endured what you did and for coming out of it with your humanity intact.

If I ever have occasion to hear you on one of your public speaking tours, I'll be in the one in the front row, dead center, applauding the loudest.

Wish I had I had some words of wisdom, but somehow words seem really inadequate.

Sometimes a hug, and a "I know how you feel," go alot further. Impossible on an internet site, I know. That's why we stretch ourselves a bit. And try to express in words the many emotions, feelings, touchy things that don't get communicated much here, because of the limitations of a flat, two-dimensional means of talking. icon_cool.gif

Thanks laleo, I think I am getting it. It is a world of it's own here at GSC, as ex-10 put it, limited by a flat, two-demensional means of talking. But I will add we all have a shared experience in TWI however individual it may have been. There is a bond here at GSC and I think an acceptance of others and their point of view. Well maybe NOT their point of view but of our shared humanity and how we all got to where we are today.

templelady, I also had a terrible fear of public speaking and while I was in TWI I had to do it more than I ever wanted to. I actually thought that it was good for me and after each time I did it I felt great and yet when I left TWI I was so glad I would never have to do that again. I never got over my fear, I don't know why. How long have you been in Alaska? Did you know Dennis and Donna? Jewel

Sorry for being late...

quote:
Are you a better person for having lived the life you've lived? I hope so. And I'd like to hear about it.

I think that after being in twi for twenty years and getting in at such a young age makes it hard to say, "oh this, this is the thing that made me a good person and not this." What makes you who you are? A number of factors: genetics, how you were raised, and then the constant of experience. They all kind of work together and overlap, but I think to a large degree those early years...how you were raised, how you were loved has a lasting impact on your psyche. I think in part your genetics has something to do with how you accepted or coped with those things. But there are so many variables and we are so complex...

As my dad has told me,"Your mom and OSD raised three very good boys. That is to their credit." I think what it comes down to it that most people are good, just flawed. I really think that regardless of my involvement with twi I would still be a good person. I would still have successes and failures. I would still be mostly happy but sometimes get very angery. I regret not doing certain things like think for myself a little more and stick up for myself when I didn't, but all those sliding doors would have left me somewhere else. Right here is pretty great. I can't complain. Well, yes I could but you know what I mean.

So did my years in twi make me a better person? I guess. Better than what? I have fond memories and not so fond ones. Where would I have been without them? I don't know. All I know is that I enjoy the here and now and if it weren't for my past that would be somewhere else.

Life is a learning experience...the good, the bad, the ugly.

quote:
Originally posted by ex10:

Wish I had I had some words of wisdom, but somehow words seem really inadequate.

Sometimes a hug, and a "I know how you feel," go alot further. Impossible on an internet site, I know. That's why we stretch ourselves a bit. And try to express in words the many emotions, feelings, touchy things that don't get communicated much here, because of the limitations of a flat, two-dimensional means of talking. icon_cool.gif

That explains my recent feelings of inappropriateness Thank you ex10! I want to help, I really do! It's just that I feel that if I can't say something quite appropriate or timely, that I may actually do more harm than good. If I could just say the right thing at the right time...

Hey brother icon_smile.gif:)-->

Don't give up. Words of kindness and understanding can go a long way in life. I admit to having had a hand of kindness holding me up when I felt like telling everybody to go..... well, you know.

It doesn't cost much, really, to be the bigger person in all of life's big and little conflicts. If you know who you are, and who He is, I mean. icon_smile.gif:)-->

• 3 months later...
How is your life better for having been in The Way? In other words, what has improved in your life as a result of something you experienced and/or learned during your involvement? And I don't necessarily mean that you still agree with the teachings or anything like that, but how are you better off because of it?

I born again. I may SIT. I can believe for things to happen, a better Job, material things. I have peace at my life. A better form for decide things. And other perspective of life itself. I run my marriage according to TWI teachings. I pray for deliverance from sickness.