GreaseSpot Cafe

wiggle room

rascal

This came up on another thread...I think bears examination....

In twi, many times we were taught the *word*...but then taught ways to wiggle out of our responsibilities contained therein...

For example... we were taught how ot was no longer applicable to us in this administration due to the two greater commandments that JC gave us...FINE no prob....however in the SAME teaching they changed...CHANGED our responsibility contained in the 2nd commandment by putting forth the conclusion that NEIGHBOR ...could ONLY mean... the only one you HAD to love was a *believer* because in bible times your only neighbor was a jew..

THAT is a suposition at best...rediculous really if you look at the locations that the judeans lived......see how they taught us THE *word* one miniute....and then changed what it said our duty was in the next?

I mean what they say makes perfect sense UNLESS you read the passage about the good samaritan...shoot the samaritan...the unbeliever in the story was the one that was considered the *neighbor*

We were taught that it was ok even acceptable to deny others decency, respect, help ....condem them to hell ...simply because they weren`t (A)... believers...and (B) .. even MORE importantly way ministry believers..and © it was all their fault anyway because of their unbelief....

We were taught to despise and deny any who didn`t accept ministry doctrine and taught that we had no responsibilities as christians to the rest of the world..

Everyones troubles were a direct result of their unbelief ...and we owed them nothing except to speak the *word* What a bastardization of what the bible REALLY taught...

Funny but the samarian unbeliever not ONLY picked up the battered believer ...carried him to an inn...PAID for his medical treatment...he paid for his food and board untill the guy got better! He didn`t know him...didn`t require that he subscribe to a certain set of beliefs......MEANWHILE all of the so called respectable believers...had passed this poor guys by to let him die...no doubt convinced that it wasn`t their problem.

Another thing.....I never saw where the samarian preached condemnation for ever getting into the mess in the first place ...and left him to *believe* his OWN way outta the mess he was in....

God said that HE was the good neighbor ... THAT was the example set for us...

When I think how many times I turned my back on situations because *biblically* I didn`t think it was my responsibility ...and with clear conscious went about my way....it sickens me.

See as time goes on...I realise that I can stop being mad at God and mistrusting the bible...it isn`t that the bible was untrustworthey.

Lets see... what other teachings does anybody remember that directly contradicted the bible???

Oh yeah...how about where we were shown that we are no longer under the old testament law...but yet if we didn`t tuthe 10 % God wouldn`t spit in our direction... or that satan would destroy our families because we were leaving open doors..

Bible says not by works of righteousness...way ministry teaches this but say yeah but ya still hafta witness ... tithe... take classes...show commitment by participation in programs ... obey every directive of leadership to avoid being destroyed by satan....

Bible teaches no adultry or fornication...but way ministry says it is ok...necessary because all things are lawfull to them which are in Christ....all parts of the body are equal...like a finger in the ear...yada yada...

Seems like with every bit of the bible (which WAS good) ...that was taught to us... the ministry used that as a springboard into one of their wierd doctrines... we were disarmed by the good bible that was beneficial ... then we accepted teachings that were contrary to bibles intentions as good as well...

Umm Bible says God will never leave us or forsake us...way ministry teaches...that he will

If we leave the household that taught us the word....

If we don`t tithe enough...God can`t take care of us...

If we have fear ....God won`t take care of us...

If we don`t obey leadership...God won`t speak to us...

When one gets married...the wife no longer has access to God....MUST go through husband...

It`s sounds like some kind of board game...*the bible says .. the ministry says*

[This message was edited by rascal on January 29, 2004 at 11:05.]

I guess that I am finaly *getting it*

We WERE taught some bible.... however I begin to see that it was that bible...that very respect that was inspired in us for God`s *word* ...is what lent it`s legitimacy to twi....it is what inspired us...fired us up for God....and then once we were disarmed...assuming that we were part of a wholesom Godly inspired group..... we became vulnerable to indoctrination in the teachings and practices that were decidedly UN biblical...

It wasn`t the bible or God that was bad...or who dissapointed me or used me..let me down...it wasn`t even God`s representatives!!

It`s ok now.. I see it...can actually stop being mad at God...stop mistrusting the bible......way cool

Oh yeah...another situation...God said love your neighbor....twi said only if they are in good standing in the household...

I know families who are STILL not allowed contact...bothers and sisters...parents and children/grandchildren...

One lady I know has grandchildren she has never seen because she was marked and avoided in twi.

How does THAT fit in with the bibles command to honor thy father and mother??

Lock box - appropriate if you are a leader who doesn't want something revealed, but if someone in your fellowship did something you consider "off the word" - you'd better tell!

Hope R. color>size>face>

...I don't know who I am but life is for learning... we are stardust...size>face>color>

Ummm Hope do you remember just exactly what was the biblical grounds for the lock box teaching?

oh OH ....... that reminds me of another one...What about ...the bible teaches somewhere to take believers to other believers to be judged...not to go to outside courts....and THAT morphed into victims not being allowed to report crimes perpetrated by twi members....*lest the ministry be blamed*

Hello,

Good thread. I think the very verses that vp used to "prove" that every woman belonged to the king, actually, the way I read it, proves just the opposite. It's the section on David and Bathsheba. Why, if David had rights to every woman, did he go so far as to murder her husband so he (Uriah) and everyone else wouldn't find out? Why didn't he just take him aside and explain the situation if it was all right?

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

WB

"[if] there were none who were discontented with what they have, the world would never reach for anything better." Florence Nightingale

The bible says .... love one another...twi redefined what love meant...

They would say *love* meant *confronting someone....that it was necessary to sit a person down in a room and have leaders scream manically at you...they only did it because they *loved* you dontcha know?...and then with tail tucked between our legs....we humbly thanked them for caring enough to set us back on the right track.

the Bible says "thou shalt not kills" twi teaches abortion is not killing and even encourages it for "practical reasons". (Not to start a pro-life vs pro-choice debate, just an observation on how they pick and choose scriptures only that support what they want you to believe)

The Bible says to give to the NECESSITY OF THE SAINTS....twi says to "fully communincate with he who teaches you in the Word" aka the ministry that taught you the word

The Bible says to take care of orphans and widows....twi says "we can't because of the laws"

The Bible says let your word be yeah and amen....twi says "we can't because of the laws"

The Bible says "If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, and one of you say unto them, depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doeth it profit?" James 2:15-16

twi says, people don't need a hand out they need the word. They need our classes. Don't give them money or things; those should go to "the ministry that taught yo uthw word"

much more....not enough time.