• Invasion of Privacy and Running my Personal Life
    • Spiritual Abuse or Physical Abuse
    • Neglect by Leadership and Believers
    • Elitism of the Way Corps and the Trustees
    • Abuse by the Way Corps
    • L. Craig Martindale
    • Doctrine
    • Haven't Left Yet But Thinking About It

About every reason that I found on Greasespotcafe.com. What a God send and I "thank you" all! More than anything else was their intense hatred towards homosexuals. I spent 25 in this ministry trying to repress myself and be a good follower. I just recently left and I feel absolutely "wonderful" about it.

Once I realized what a con V.P. Wierwille's doctrines were...I said, "no more!"

I didn't get to leave on my own, I was asked.

But, Oh what a feeling of joy Or something , I had once I left that day! Emotion unparelleled with anything I ever had in tw.

I'm glad your here HG!

• 4 years later...
On 10/16/2005 at 10:35 PM, Eagle said:

There are many reasons one left TWI? Why did you leave? If you have left?

Eagle, I have shared this before, but I will share it again. I attended a Twig in Indianapolis during the Spring of 1988.  In May of 1988, the Navy sent me to Naples, Italy.  When I came back to the USA, two years later, I had no desire to attend any Twigs.  So, to answer the question, the Navy got me out of TWI.  

On 10/20/2005 at 9:13 PM, Eagle said:

Belle:

I'll pray for Mr. Right to come across your path and marry you. And I'll pray that you CAN have the children you want.

While I'm at it I'll pray he's excited about God, extremely attracted to you, good-looking, great personality, and RICH!

Eagle

Eagle, at my age, I would be happy if he could breath!

On 10/20/2005 at 10:39 PM, dmiller said:

I wasn't *yanked out*, but once I saw the hypocrisy of *do as I say*, I was on the way out.

After hearing multiple stories of something I never would have imagined possible, I began to see that twi was no more than a church in sheep's clothing. Woops -- did I say *church*?? I meant wolf. :unsure:

I didn't believe the first reports I heard (hey -- I am a long ways from hdqtrs), but when they kept coming up;

and coming up;

and coming up;

It got pretty hard to ignore the reports.

It got really hard to absolve guilt from all I heard;

AND THE GUILT STARTED FROM THE TOP!!!

I left the outfit because they had sunk to lower depths than those they had castigated in the past. They became the outfit that they always preached against -- the church.

Legalistic.

Demanding.

*Our way or the Highway*.

No question of Doctrine.

You follow -- We lead.

And on, and on, and on, and on.

Does anyone here believe in the law of gravity??????????

WHAT IS CORRUPT AT THE TOP, WILL FIND IT'S WAY TO THE BOTTOM.

David

David, yes!!  If the top is rotten, the bottom will eventually rot also!

On 11/5/2005 at 5:13 AM, Digitalis said:

This is why we left and what we felt happened in our lives. This is just in part for it is far to deep to cover in one post.

We left TWI because my family was in bondage. My children were being hurt. I was in bondage by TWI. Our lives were not lived but dictated. Our beliefs were dictated.

The more classes we took, the more responsibility, the deeper our enslavement.

The lingo changed over the years but the crap was the same and getting deeper.

It started out think for yourself, "know that you know that you know" . Later we felt it was simply just follow your orders from headquarters and our LC. Our twig, latter family fellowship was no longer self governing but dictated enslavement. Even though we coordinated it we noticed we weren't in charge of those people we knew most personally.

We were teaching three times a week in the end from tapes that we had not even had time to make our own. Had not had time to study for ourselves. I am ashamed but I feel we became mini me's for LCM or whomever was on the Sunday Service Video. Don't question the MOG just do as told. We found ourselves repeating the MOG after the years passed. Using the same inuendos. This is humiliating even to admit, but I must.

I knew this was wrong but things were moving so fastly, it felt as if I were on a merry-go-round and the bully pushing it wouldn't stop. I was getting sick and needed to puke. I had to stop. I had to get off. Had to do the right thing in my heart. We visited people who had been marked and avoided, had to find the truth, had to help.

This sent my family thru the ringer. We were ostricized in front of our peers, accused of things we had not even done, words twisted and perverted into lies. Accused of questioning the MOG which I did do, but how dare I, who the He!! was I?

Well my husband and I truly believe if one sheep is lost, it needed to be found. We had a responsibility to do all we could to find them and bring them back into the fold.

We finally came to the belief that TWI was not the fold that God had intended at least not in our area. We would no longer teach, repeat the inuendos of the day or enslave Gods children. We walked away humilated in front of our peers. We knew this would happen because we had been on the other side of the table. Sometimes I wonder why we even went to that meeting, we had already decided to walk away before we were given the choice to conform or walk.

Gods kids deserved to be free of fear and we were not going to be the ones who helped them live in fear of speaking their mind because their words would be twisted and perverted. We would no longer believe accusations that were unfounded or be part of trying to put cases against people who might possibly disable TWI.

We made a free will choice to be FREE and no longer be afraid for ourselves, or afraid for our brothers and sisters in Christ because of our involvement. We truly wanted to help our brothers and sisters in Christ and our choice to leave and not conform I would like to believe sent a bigger message than our staying.

We left for all the above and so much more. What once I believed beautiful became an ugly beast that reared its head, bared its teeth and growled like a true beast.

We are sorry to those lives we assisted in invading, and did it so ignorantly because we believed that only the goodness of trying to help them was at stake. We now know they knew things we didn't. There was no excuse for our ignorance we should have seen through what I now truly whole heartedly believe was manipulation for other reasons than the word.

I am glad we are no longer part of TWI.

Digi

Digi, great post!!!