GreaseSpot Cafe

i'm embarrassed

excathedra

I also wanted to share this - I've learned some things over the years that have helped me

immeasurably, namely that there are some people who either don't understand me, or worse, don't

like me. I know - I know. Not like me? What's not to understand?? :unsure: I was surprised too.

But it appears to be true. So I decided to do the work (again - sigh!!!!) and figure out

the possible reasons for such an unlikely development and provide yet again meaningful

and useful solutions for everyday life. Here then are my discoveries:

Discovery #1: Chemicals. :o It's really all about the increase in chemically enhanced products

that our society handles and ingests in the name of progress. Since the 40's it's increased

10,000 fold in the form or creams, lotions, fragrances, cleansers, toothpaste, food, water

and even the very air we breathe. Result - brain damage, mostly in the brain centers

that process emotions and logic. How can people make sound judgments about me

under such an assault on their brains? Impossible. Unfortunately this will probably not

improve in the near future so I've had to learn to be patient and understanding and invest

my time addressing my other, very important discoveries. :blink:

Discovery #2: The advancement of the 60's.psycho-goo philosophy - "I'm Okay, You're Okay".

This is the most insidious of the assaults I must undergo as it sounds

oh-so good but is no-so wrong! I'm about to finish up a book addressing this very topic,

titled "I'm Okay - Got It?" that will clear up MUCH confusion in this area. Once people

do the exercises that go along with the book they'll start to both see and feel much

better - about me. It's packed with powerful and practical take-aways that are sure to thrill.

Watch for it, it will be out in time for Christmas, which should make my holiday season a

LOT better.

Discovery #3: Practice makes perfect. Even when a person doesn't quite "get it" I've found

it helps them a lot if they just act like they do and move forward with the correct behavior.

It will seem foreign to them and challenging at first, but I've found that if a person will at least

try, in time they'll learn to like the new way of doing things - to me. Over time it becomes

more natural and before we know it things are right as rain, for me. ;)

Well, that's the gist of it. There's more of course, so much more, but I just checked the "Check Post Length" button and I'll run out of space in about 50 screens so I'll hold on the rest, I'm reserving it for my next

book, long in the making, to be titled "The Magic of Me". Watch for it, there's going to be a

DVD version that will have lots of extras. .

Edited by socks

well myseestorex... I don't know that I feel like I NEED to come here... but I do LIKE to come here... sometimes a lot... sometimes not... I've reconnected with a bunch of old friends (like you) and made some new ones (at least I think I have!)...

...and there is a common ground that we once walked, albeit at different times... I still like to come here to hang with the peeps and I think it's cool to do so... it's not my life, but it is a part of my life...

...know what ahmsayin?

Hey Ex,

Sorry I didn't get back to you right away...been busier than a rats arse. Brian Gionta went to a local Rochester HS called McQuaid. My oldest son played against him back in the 90s.

He is small but very strong . His thighs are as hugh. Most power skaters have very large thighs. He was a top 5 College player when he played at Boston College. He was the captain his senior year when BC went to the finals of the college frozen four.

His brother Steven plays for BC now and is much strionger than his bother Brian. Maybe they'll both end up playing for thr Devils. :)

Glad your staying on board here...anyone who loves hockey has to be cool as a zamboni snow cone..

Edited by Hills Bro

The advancement of the 60's.psycho-goo philosophy - "I'm Okay, You're Okay".

This is the most insidious of the assaults I must undergo as it sounds

oh-so good but is no-so wrong!

OK Socks. Let me offer my personal alternative:

"I'm NOT okay.. but I can finally live with it.." At least a person wouldn't be exactly dissappointed in their belief.. would they?

Just a thought. No matter how great a grand illusion that someone has that they are OK, it seems that they can always find somebody that is "more OK' than themselves.

Exie:

For myself, I don't find Greasespot to exactly be a safe haven.. for me, its more about connecting with people that are not much unlike myself, in a different, but needful way.

Ham, you've struck a chord there. - Bb maj 9/b5th to be exact, and it's resonating.

My personal approach is - I'm about as okay as I'm gonna get at the moment, so can we move on to other topics of more interest, like why is it so hard sometimes to tell someone they have something wiggly lodged in their nose and it's weirding everyone out, when they obviously don't know? My personal conclusion - because if it were me, I'd want someone to tell me, but then I'd be embarrassed that it even got there to begin with and on top of that the means of removing it, while completely normal and common to all mankind for as long as we can remember is something we simply don't want to talk about - unless you're a Mother, in which case a kleenex and a simple "hold still!" will solve the whole thing and be done with it.

As to Exoreeno's dllemma, I have no immediate relief, no simple answer, only that we should never be embarrassed about doing what comes natural to us and what at the moment we feel we need to do. Still, we will feel that way sometimes and maybe there's something to be gained from it. Maybe not. Either way, while we pursue grander purposes in life, of love and growth and ever-improving personal hygiene, sometimes it gets incredibly strange always trying to fix ourselves and everyone else within spitting distance. But then, we're Americans, and Americans wax on/wax off, ever hopeful and sure that if it's busted we can fix it and it it isn't busted, we can still fix 'er up right pretty and make it even better.

In one way or another and probably many we're all a little tweezed in places. We're all at different stages of becoming the wonderful People our Mother's always knew we could be and that she no doubt still holds deep in her heart.

Or, in the words of someone I can't remember - You have to learn to laugh at yourself. You might as well, everyone else is.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by socks

When you think that you lost everything

You find out you can always lose a little more

I'm just going down the road feeling bad

Trying to get to heaven before they close the door

I'm going down the river

Down to New Orleans

They tell me everything is gonna be all right

But I don't know what "all right" even means. - Dylan

This thread makes me think of these lyrics, from a song called "Wreck of the Day," by Anna Nalick. I've only heard it once, but it stuck in my mind.

'Cause you can't jump the track,we're like cars on a cable

and life's like an hourglass, glued to the table

No one can find the rewind button girl,

So cradle your head in you hands

And breathe, just breathe,

Woah breathe, just breathe

There's a light at each end of this tunnel, you shout

'Cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out

These mistakes you've made, you'll just make them again

If you only try turning around.

2 AM and I'm still awake, writing a song

If I get it all down on paper, its no longer

inside of me, threatening the life they belong to

And I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd

Cause these words are my diary, screaming out loud

And I know that you'll use them, however you want to

Cause you can't jump the track, we're like cars on a cable,

And life's like an hourglass, glued to the table

No one can find the rewind button now

Sing it if you understand.

and breathe, just breathe

woah breathe, just breathe,

oh breathe, just breathe.

There's also a book, called Henderson the Rain King, by Saul Bellow, which tells the story of a man's search for meaning. He journeys to Africa, has lots of experiences and adventures and mistakes. In the end, he realizes that the secret is just "Breathe."

For what it's worth,

love, niKa

Edited by notinKansasanymore