GreaseSpot Cafe

halloween and NJ child sex offenders

excathedra

i don't feel like looking up the news articles

but there's controversy going on here

NJ child sex offenders are being given a curfew on Monday

some counties/townships are holding meetings where the offenders are required to attend (so as not to be home) when the kids come to the door

and there's another thing but i can't remember what it is

..... extra precautions so they can't grab kids out trick-or-treating

what do you think ?

They can't have lights on their porch or house front to invite children.

Officials said they will also be checking on them through the evening to be sure they are home, not inviting kids.

IMO every community in America should do this.

In our community, several of us print out the list of convicted sex offenders addresses every year and we don't go on those streets.

For the places we do go, we are there watching our children at the door, or right there behind them.

i don't feel like looking up the news articles

but there's controversy going on here

NJ child sex offenders are being given a curfew on Monday

some counties/townships are holding meetings where the offenders are required to attend (so as not to be home) when the kids come to the door

and there's another thing but i can't remember what it is

..... extra precautions so they can't grab kids out trick-or-treating

what do you think ?

I think it's a great idea, and should be copied everywhere.

See, I'm not as terrified of REGISTERED sex offenders as I am of those still getting away with it...

and that is even after knowing where every registered sex offender lives in my zipcode (there are 4).

I think things like this while moderately helpful, give people a false sense of security.

Hi, Ex!

I've never lived in a place where the parent wasn't right there with the kids. I even live in a small town, and they don't do that here!

I can remember my mom dropping us off on one end of a block and we would make our way back to the car. I also remember when I was about eleven (and dressed like an Indian princess) that some drunk guy wanted a kiss and make a grab. I wasn't scared, more disgusted. Plus I was with two of my siblings.

One of the things that is done around here is...

The schools have "halloween parties", this way the kids are in a safe enviroment with parental supervision.

And, kids still go "door to door"... When I answer the door, I see an adult with the kids, and the kids travel in groups.