GreaseSpot Cafe

Need Help Getting Into Chat

ChasUFarley

I can't get into the chat room and feel like I'm stuck in download hell.

When I go into the page for the chat room I'm asked to click on this icon that looks like a puzzle piece for the download.

This takes me to another page for sun java or something like that. I click on the link for the down load, right mouse click, select "save as" and save it to my desktop (bad habit I know, but I always move it later).

The notepad thinks the download is a notepad document. I can't launch it to run the exe. (I assume there's an exe in there because it's a plug in, right?)

I'm so frustrated... !@@@$ #%#%$ #%$ #%$!!!

What am I doing wrong?

Okay, let's go through it step by step.

On the screen where you download, instead of clicking on the link, right-click on it and click "save target as" and save it somewhere on your hard drive - it'll probably end up in "my documents" or "my downloads".

What exactly is the name of the downloaded file? If I knew that, I could help point you in the right direction.

You could try right-clicking on it, and then clicking "open with", instead of double-clicking on it. Of course, I can't tell you what to open it with without knowing the file extension.